We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay in Coimbatore

Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight stay in Coimbatore

Hi,

I am looking for a good hotel for an overnight stay in Coimbatore.

I'll be travelling from Ooty coming to Coimbatore in the evening and then to catch the next day train at 7am.

So, would like to get a decent hotel close to the train station. Can you please suggest good hotels. Not looking for any luxury since it is just for sleeping; but looking for a decent clean hotel.

Thanks.

Marudamalai Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Dhyanalinga Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Adiyogi Shiva
Monuments & Statues, Sacred & Religious Sites
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

I agree with Prasanna this is a very good location. There are lots of hotels in the lane, an internet cafe, a very popular cafe/bakery on the corner, restaurants around about. Very convenient.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

In early November, I will be staying overnight in Coimbatore on my way from Kochi to Ooty.

I will pick one of the hotels in or near Geetha Hall Road.

My question is what would be the recommended way to spend the afternoon in Coimbatore if I arrive around 12:45pm?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

Hi Oceang,

It would be easy, if you could indicate your likings or preferences. Based on your choice, maybe I can suggest a few ways, to spend your time here, in an interesting way.

Regards,

Prasanna

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

Again, Prasanna, thanks for your quick reply.

I am interested in food, people and cultural experiences, even just walking around markets etc., no wildlife or shopping.

This will be my only time in Tamil Nadu, as I am moving on to Bangalore via Mysore and then home to Australia. So I suppose I am wondering is there anything relatively unique or for which Coimbatore is noted.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

Hi..

Look no further. Go to Isha Yoga Centre's Dhyanalinga Temple. It is a half day trip. This is a multi religious temple, ashram, training centre and all. A dip in the Theerta Kund and the sight of Dhyanalinga and the Linga Bhairavi, and the local food fares around would be a good dose for you. Check www.ishafoundation.org. On return you may also visit the Perur temple, but I feel Isha will fill the time. And maybe toast a beer for dinner with me.. Lol..

Regards

Prasanna

16. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, May 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

I am not into yoga as such.

Would I be out place if i just went there as a tourist? I had a look at the website and its looks interesting and unique, but would not go there if I would be out of place.

Happy to catch up for beer if you are around.

Even buy you dinner for all your hard work!

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

You would feel very welcome there. More importantly yourself... It would be an unique experience for you.. It is very interesting.. I am okay if all's on me...lol...

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

Hi,

Can you please suggest a good hotel near theethipalayam (there is a theme park here)near perur,coimbatore for overnight stay ..We are travelling as family..

Thanks and regards,

Lakshmi

20. Re: Overnight stay in Coimbatore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 04, 2014