We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good time to visit?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Good time to visit?

I am planning a trip to Sikkim during Aug 19th - 25th. Is it a good time to visit Sikkim?

Regards,

Kiran

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Good time to visit?

Hi Kiran,

August is not a good time for Sikkim as it is rainy season and chances of landslides are there. Try to make in September or October. Of course if you can't change your dates you can still go, but if you can change the dates, try and do so.

India
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Good time to visit?

Sai Kiran K

The chosen dates are in peak monsoon. I won't suggest Sikkim in those days, because you might have to confined in hotel, or chances of getting stucked in road closure due to natural calamities. It will be waste of money. Either make it end of June or in October.

AshisRoy

Edited: 7:44 am, May 10, 2012
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Good time to visit?

Thanks Guys for the info. I will have to plan for the trip elsewhere

India
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Good time to visit?

August would be ideal time for visiting Leh.

AshisRoy

Edited: 11:57 am, May 10, 2012
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Good time to visit?

I had Leh at the back of my mind, but i am not sure it is a good choice for a honeymoon. ;-)

India
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Good time to visit?

Eh, you didnt mention honeymoon before, I would suggest either Kashmir (by flight only) or Kumaon (Binsar/Kausani/Nainital)...chances of landslide will be less in this region. Ideal location for honeymooners.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10:53 pm, May 10, 2012
7. Re: Good time to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 22, 2013