We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Udaipur Hotel

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
329 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Udaipur Hotel

My daughter and I will be spending 2 nights in Udaipur.. We will arrive the morning of Dec 30 and depart the morning of Han1 for Delhi

At this moment we are holding reservations at the Trident Hilton but I am wondering if that is a good choice as far as location and convenience to sites, shopping etc

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated

Connecticut
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Udaipur Hotel

Can anyone advise about the Hilton In Udaipur? I don't think any of the rooms have lake views, but are there lake views from the gardens or any other part of the property? In particular, how is the location? I'm trying to decide between the Hilton and a Heritage style hotel with a lake view-- Karohi Haveli or Mewar Haveli?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Udaipur Hotel

The Hilton is a 10-15 minute drive away from sites, but I dont see this as a big issue. You'll have a car anyway.

My husband's just back from Udaipur. The lake has water this year, and he saw boats going.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Udaipur Hotel

There can be no comparison between the Hilton and the smaller havelis that dot the Lake Pichola around Gangaur Ghat & Ganesh Ghati area. Hilton is 5 star luxury with world class staff. The havelis are rustic and charming with a Rajasthani touch. It really depends on what kind of an experience youre looking for. If you want the safety and security of a high end hotel, stick to the Hilton. If youre ready to wade through the reality of India, go to the havelis. Youll save a lot of money too!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Udaipur Hotel

npjai, Which Haveli do you recommend? I'm considering Mewar Haveli or Karohi Haveli.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Udaipur Hotel

CTLAW...Both are great...the very fact that you are in the heart of the city, near the Pichola Lake is like staying around the Piazza Navona in Rome or Puerta de Sol in Madrid..you can just walk around and get lost in the streets and discover the city!! Its magical!

6. Re: Udaipur Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Udaipur