We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Udaipur experience

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ghaziabad, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Udaipur experience

I recently went to Udaipur for short 2 days trip (2 nights, 3 day) in early July 2013. Here, I am sharing my trip experiences on TA.

Although July is an off season for Udaipur, I still went ahead and got my travel planned. I had prepared itinerary myself by taking inputs from various websites including TA.

Mode of Transport - For travel, I got my train ticket booked in Mewar express (starts at 7pm from Delhi and reaches there at 7:15am, next morning). And for return, got my plane ticket booked in SpiceJet airline (flight starts at 7:50am from Udaipur and reaches Delhi at 9:20am).

Stay – After much of research done online, I booked my hotel room in Jaiwana Haveli, Lal Ghat, Udaipur.

Day 1 – I reached Udaipur railway station (using Mewar Express train) in morning with family. Took auto to Jaiwana Haveli, Udaipur. Auto Driver did offer me an Udaipur sightseeing tour (in his auto where he shall show us all tourist spots) but I did not take his offer. Reached Jaiwana Haveli. Although room check in time was 11:30am, luckily our room was free, so, was able to directly check in to my room #31 in morning itself. Pichola Lake View from Room #31 was excellent. Hotel staff was very courteous. Around 9 am, we went to Roof top restaurant (inside Jaiwana Haveli) for breakfast. Then we started with our tour. Location of this hotel was good as many tourist places [City Palace, Lake Pichola, Jagdish Temple, Bagore ki Haveli] was nearby (you can walk to all these places). So first we went to Bagore Ki Haveli Museum (around 2 min walk from Jaiwana Haveli) at 10:30am but Museum opening time was 11am. Rather than waiting there for half an hour, we went to Jagdish Temple (around 3-5 mins walk from Bagore Ki Haveli). Temple was good. After Jagdish Temple, we went to City Palace Museum (around 1 min walk from Jagdish Temple). Tickets were bit expensive in City Palace Museum. We took ticket of City Palace Museum and Pichola Lake Boat ride. Yes.. Ticket for Pichola Lake boat ride is available from City Palace itself. Advantage of taking Boat Ride from City Palace is that you get to see JagMandir Island (so these boats take a round trip in Lake and drop you at JagMandir Island and then you can again take boat from Island to City Palace (from where you started boat ride) ). Do take a guide along with you in City Palace Museum. Best part is that Charges of Guide are fixed... so you do not need to bargain for price with Guide. After completing guided tour of City Palace, we went on to take Boat ride of Lake Pichola. Since weather was cloudy on that day, Boat ride was very pleasant. And we also visited JagMandir Island. So around 3pm, we came out of City Palace and had our lunch in Restaurant Gateway hotel (nearby City Palace). Then we took auto to Karni Mata Temple Ropeway (from City Palace). Karni Mata Temple is located on hill top and we have a private operator which runs Ropeway for going on hill top for Temple visit. We took Ropeway and reached at hill top. View from Hill top was amazing… on both side of hill, you can get to Udaipur city. After returning from Karni Mata temple, we took an auto to Bagore Ki Haveli. Reach Bagore Ki Haveli at 5pm. Museum is not so big but it do have variety … Puppet museum, Turban museum etc was good. After this visiting Bagore Ki Haveli, we went back to our Hotel room and took some rest. Around 6:45pm, we left hotel room to visit Bagore Ki Haveli again, this time, for their Rajasthani Dance show which is organized in open courtyard every day at 7pm. Since it was raining that day, so, they organized the Dance show in closed Hall. Liked this Dance show. After dance show, we went to Ambrai Resturant and had Dinner there. Day 1 ends here.

Day 2 – I did not want to travel outside Udaipur (as I had only 2 days in Udaipur). I want to utilize my two days in Udaipur itself. On Day 2 morning, I decided to try some local breakfast. So we went to Jagdish chowk and had Poha in breakfast. After breakfast, we went to Saheliyon ki Badi (Garden). We took Guide there who showed us whole of garden. After that, we went to Moti Magri. In Moti Magri, we have Maharana Pratap statue and art gallery to see. Just a note here – within Moti Magri campus, these statues and art gallery were situated at a distance and there is a steep walk included to visit these places. So must take an auto which shall take you inside Moti Magri and show you all places. After Moti Magri, we took a Camel Ride near FatehSagar Lake. After FatehSagar Lake, we went back to local market of Udaipur – HathiPole as time was for some shopping. Bought some souvenirs from this market. Had a lunch in Natraj Dining Hall Resturant (nearby Udaipur railway station). We got tired by this time and decided to go back to our Hotel. Took some rest there in hotel. Around 7 pm, we gave a call to Ctiy Palace office to enquire whether we have City Palace Light and Sound Show [Yash Ki Dharohar] being organized today or not. Actually, weather was bit cloudy and this show is organized in Open area in City Palace. So we were not sure whether this show will run that day or not. But to our luck, City Palace official told us that we do have that show being organized that day. So we went to City Palace, took Show tickets and watched it. Loved this show. Show has been a recent inclusion in City Palace (as per information displayed in City Palace, this show started on 1st May 2013).After watching this 1 hour show, we went to Jaiwana Haveli hotel and had dinner in it’s Roof top restaurant.

Next morning, took flight back to Delhi and carried some really nice memories of Udaipur back with us.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Udaipur experience

Dear Abhay,

Thank you for taking out some time to share your experience on TA, this effort of yours will definitely be helping the other travellers.

Regards,

Arun

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Udaipur experience

Thanx Abhay for sharing such useful information. It might be very useful for other travelers who are planning to travel Udaipur.

Ghaziabad, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Udaipur experience

Thanks ..

well , that's my purpose .. i have shared these details so that all future travelers can make their itinerary ... :)

Ghaziabad, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Udaipur experience

Just to add on .. if some one cannnot get room in Jaiwana Haveli , there are some more Haveli near by to Jaiwana .. like .. Poonam Haveli, Mewar Haveli, Aashiyan Haveli ... they are also located at good location but I do not know whether they provide same hospitality as Jaiwana ..

Ghaziabad, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Udaipur experience

Also since now City Palace Light and Sound Show has started since 1st May 2013, we can have a dedicated page for City Palace Light and Sound show [called "Yash ki Dharohar"] on TA

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Udaipur experience

Great to know about your udaipur experience,

hope to see you again for rest places Sajangarh, and near by Kumbhalgarh, Chittorgarh, Ranakpur etc etc

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Udaipur experience

Self also planning two days in Udaipur, great review thanks a ton, god bless

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Udaipur experience

Hi abhay ,

Thanks for sharing ur expereince.Really helpful for those ppl planing to go to Udaipur .could you please tell me the room rent in Jaiwana Haveli . Is it nice and clean place ? I plan to go in Oct :)

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Udaipur experience

Hi Rajiv,

Here is link about tariff of Hotel..

http://www.jaiwanahaveli.com/tariff.htm

Ghaziabad, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Udaipur experience

@Shekhar - thanks for liking my post. Hope it shall help you and many other future travellers to Udaipur.

@Rajiv - Room tariff is already being mentioned in previous post. Yes Jaiwana Haveli is a nice and clean place. You can read my review and several other peoples reviews who have stayed in that hotel. Link is tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

thanks