We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Photographer and videographer

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Wedding Photographer and videographer

Hi,

We are getting married in Udaipur next year (January 08) and i was wondering if anybody can recommend experienced wedding photographer/videographer that i could get in touch with and discuss their availability and rates. Unfortunately, we'll travel to India only in December so might be very late to find one at that stage. Would really appreciate any info on this.

Thanks in advance.

Ratna

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

This should be the least of your problems. There are photographers on Chetak Circle and in Bapu Bazar. Just walk in when you get to Udaipur and book one. Unless the 8th Jan is a huge "saawa" youll have no problem. Also you can ask your hotel to book you a photographer. Where are you getting married in Udaipur?

Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

I disagree with the first post replying to your message. You do not want to wait until you arrive and then book the first photographer or videographer you meet.

You shouldn't book any photograher or videographer until you've reviewed samples of their work. Fortunately this shouldn't be a problem since you are obviously familiar with the Web. Just use Google to find photographers and videographers, contact a few and go from there.

Tips on choosing a wedding videographer can be found all over the Web, but I recommend -

www.WeddingVideoDoneRight.com

They do not do wedding videography, but they have a lot of info and they've started certifying professional wedding videographers.

Best of luck!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

I doubt if www.WeddingVideoDoneRight.com has any branches in India, much less Udaipur. At least I couldnt find any on their website.

Unless you want to pay to take a videographer along with you, it would be much more realistic to arrange a photographer after landing in Udaipur.

Try talking to some photography shops in Udaipur. They often know the best people, just have to bargain a price. What I would pay in Calcutta is about Rs 2500 - 3000. You should work it under $ 100 max.

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

I'm sorry guys - i was away for good few days..

Thanks for all the info...most of the photographers/videographers don't have websites and i checked the udaipur yellowpages (online) but no great help. did ring one of the photographers and he was loads of bullshit and obviously quoted exorbitant prices. Can you pls give me some indication of how much it might cost for hiring photographer for one or two days and say max of 100 photos - really good quality!!

Thanks...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

Just videography for two days will cost you about $ 100. I have no idea what the rates are in Udaipur really. But you should expect to pay about $ 150 - for both photos and videography, maybe a little more or less. Maybe someone from Rajasthan has a better idea of the prices there. That is around what I would pay for a professional job. Of course, things depend like hours involved, distances involved etc, which might escalate the price but not by too much.

Again, I am just guessing here. I dont know Udaipur prices.

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

thanks again....i've got street addresses and phone numbers of photographers in udaipur - i'll just visit them when i get there and compare what prices each on quotes..

Thanks again...

7. Re: Wedding Photographer and videographer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Udaipur