We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

I would be travelling from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer and back to Udaipur via Jodhpur. I am looking for a TATA Indica car driver contact . We are a family of 3 people and think TATA Indica car should be fine.

Please help with a driver contact in Jodhpur with whom i can speak and decide / book my journey.

Also kindly help with the current per / km charges for TATA Indica.

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

hey Hiiiiiiii

Tata Indica will Cost Rs. 6/- per Km - 300Km Per day.

You can get local driver near railway station.

Regards,

uju

mumbai

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

Hi,

How many days you Wana rent car ?

you can rent car by day or by per km .

Its depnd on how many is ur trip ,you want keep car for all trip or just drive to jaisalmer and then drop at Udaipur .

have nice trip ,

Dev

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

and try to book TATA indigo ,its more comefortable and give you more space for ur bags in beck ,all most same price.

Dev

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

Dear guest of rajasthan greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dear guest as my think TATA INDIGO car will be best foe you as per your long trip near about 700 km. with jodhpur city tour 7 till udaipur.

all taxi driver will take return charge from you .

TATA INDIGO will not more then 7 rs. per Km. running per day is 250 km.

for more detail feel free to contect .

see profile .

thanks & rigards

Mentioned in this post
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

hey hiiiiiii

Tata Indigo Cost Rs. 7/- For AC Non-AC Will Cost Rs. 6/- Rs. Only...

Regards,

uju

mumbai

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

Thanks all for you replies. Appreciate that.

I did my rajasthan trip hiring a Non A/c Indica from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer to Udaipur ( via Jodhpur ) , i know it was a wrong option to travel again back through Jodhpur. But had no option. My travel arrangements were booked in advance. I had not plans to visit Jaisalmer. But a meeting with a friend of mine , who had visited Rajasthan ...changed my plans. And i think it was worth the penny :-)

I flew to Jaipur , did 1 day Jaipur site seeing hiring a prepaid taxi from the airport . Cost around Rs. 1300/- for A/c Indica ( i was told Non A/c Indica option is not available ). Visited City Palace , Jantar Mantar , Hawa Mahal , Amber Fort...did not shopping near Hawa Mahal area. And boarded a train for Jodhpur @ 12am in the night.

Reached Jodhpur , early morning @ 6am . Hired a Non A/c Indica ( he charged me Rs. 5 /- per km ) . Visited the Mehrangarh fort , Jaswant Thada and clock tower. Also enjoyed the Egg Omlete in the market in Jodhpur , near the Clock tower.

Drove to Jaisalmer on the same day. Reached Khuri in the evening. Did a evening sunset camel safari . Stayed in Khuri Desert Resort. Enjoyed the folk dance and dinner.

Started early morning to Tanot Mata ( wanted to see the Indo-Pak border , but did not get permission , but was not disappointed ) , enjoyed the lovely sand dunes enroute to Tanot Mata . This is what i wanted to visit Rajasthan for , sand dunes and desert . Visited the temple. Drove back to Jaisalmer city . Visited the Fort , Havelli , Bada Bagh and spent the evening at the Gadisar Lake boating.

Next day early morning , woke up early @ 6am and drive to Udaipur ( via Jodhpur ) to catch my late night train to Mumbai

uff ...it was lots of travelling . But i really enjoyed Rajasthan weather and site seeing.... the most memorable for the sand dunes experience enroute to Tanot Mata.... sand dunes all around... the real feeling of a desert. And another experience worth mentioning was evening boat ride in lade Gadisar.

Missed Udaipur , which was sad . But Jaisalmer was the gem for us. A true beauty.

We had hired The Royal Rajasthan tours Indica ( Mr Mukesh ( Manager ) - 9829153574 ) and the driver name was Ratan Singh , was very helpful and cheerful lad.

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Amber Fort
Amber Fort
14,544 Reviews
Amer, India
Mehrangarh Fort
Mehrangarh Fort
6,978 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Jaswant Thada
Jaswant Thada
1,886 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Clock Tower - Ghanta Ghar
Clock Tower - Ghanta Ghar
1,838 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Bada Bagh
Bada Bagh
814 Reviews
Jaisalmer, India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
7. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, February 16, 2012
8. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, January 04, 2014
Edited: 2:05 pm, January 04, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

Habib, the auto rickshaw driver made our days in Jodhpur. We met him just outside the hotel while looking for a vehicle to take us to the Fort. And ever since then we used his services (he has a good network for excursions out of town etc). He even invited us for dinner together with his wife and two children. The food made by his wife was excellent, far beyond the restaurant food. We spent another evening with his family on a local festival where we wouldn't be able to go on our own. He is very friendly, helpful, has a very positive attitude. His motto is "if the customer is happy, I will be happy". He is reachable 24/7 on his mobile and when suitable he lends out a mobile phone for facilitating contact...

Contact details Habib Gouri: +91 9829421382, habib_gouri@yahoo.com

Edited: 12:40 pm, April 07, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
10. Re: Need a driver contact from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:44 am, April 25, 2013