We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Stockholm Sweden
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
19 helpful votes
Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Hi, we will go from Jodhpur to Udaipur in early November. Plan to stop over for two (?) nights in or near Ranakpur to watch temples and perhaps do some light trekking. What hotels are recommended? Aranyawas looks nice, but perhaps a bit off? Rawla Narai - a bit expensive? Kumbalgarh fort?? Do you suggest a driver from Jodhpur or is it possible to take the bus and ask the hotel to send a driver to pick us up? All ideas welcome!

Zizzi, Sweden

Holland
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

I would use the majority of my time at Kumbhalgarh, both places are lovely but Kumbhalgarh just shades it over Ranakpur in that there's a bit more to see and do. The fort is huge and riddled with Muslim Tombs, Chatris and Jain Temples. Then there's the Palace in The Clouds and wolf sanctuary to explore

We stayed at the Kumbhal Castle which was basic be tidy enough. there are more up budget places to stay at. Such as the Aodhi, but at Rp 6000 a night that might stretch your budget a tad

A driver is probably handier on this leg but bear in mind you'll have to pay the return journey to the taxi wallah as well. Not just one way.

With this in mind perhaps you may want to use the train, the nearest railhead is Falna which is about 27kilometers away, from here you take a taxi to Kumbhagarh or Ranakpur, which a roughly the same distance away from Falna.

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
105 posts
2. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Dear sir /madam greetings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in ranakpur you can stay at hill resort hotel,roopam hotel,both is good & les prise then ather from ranakpur you can make your traking to till kumbhal gar then you can take your car for udaipur .for traking you can ask to any hotel thay can provide you sarvice . you come by train to falna take taxi for ranakpur then make your next tour.

thanks & regards

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
389 posts
27 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Hi

I would say you split your stay, 01 Nt Kumbhalgarh and 01 Nt Ranakpur as they are nearby (50 kms)

If u r looking for Budget than "The Kumbhal Castle" is a good option.

& in Ranakpur "Ranakpur Hill Resort"

As other posted have suggested rather than a bus take a Train from Jodhpur till Falna. Ask for a Cab from the Hotel (If they would be able to arrange it). The Main Concerne will be Ranakpur / Kumbhalgarh to Udaipur hire a Cab as there would b limited services of buses and NO Trains

Cheers

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
477 posts
147 reviews
99 helpful votes
4. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

City of Lakes is right you need to stay one night in Ranakpur and One night in Kumbhalgarh.

In ranakpur i would recommend you to stay in Ranakpur Hill Resort as it is very close to the Ranakpur temples. But you may also check Fateh Bagh which is owned by HRH Group.

for Kumbhalgarh i would recommend you to stay in Aodhi it is also from HRH group of Hotels.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Seeing the temples is alll there is to do at Ranakpur, a couple of hours is fine to do this, where as Kumbhalgarh has a lot more to see and do, like a trek to Ranakpur by foot or horse, explore the huge fort, see the palace, and just walk around the local area, keep an eye opne for the chain bucket wells, ingenious contraptions for bring the water out of the well.

So you could choose to spend a night at each place but there's no real need to do so.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
855 posts
9 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Also....something often overlooked by people doing a "circuit" i Rajasthan: It gets very tiring changing hotels every day - you never get a chance to settle in a bit. So see Ranakpur, but don't stay there.

Hunbille

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
477 posts
147 reviews
99 helpful votes
7. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Hunbille you are correct

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
27 reviews
34 helpful votes
8. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

Try Jojawar - www.jojawar.com

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
479 posts
9. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

I would suggest go directly Jodhpur/Falna to Kumbhalgarh spend a day visiting fort temples and walk around.

next day if one want can go on horse back ride from high fort hill down to Ranakpur temple vailly through wild-life century area a good chance to explore hill area-nature and to about special Rasathani horses MARWARI breed.

you can contact a horse-experts(originally breeders familly) www.horserajasthan.com his stable is not far from Ranakpur and Falna and he can help you arrange travel from Falna to Kumbhalgarh- as he is local from this area know better the routes/treks in hill area,intresting spots-lakes,remote hill peoples,water-holes and tell you all about this beutifull horse breed and Rajputs.

his horses is well trained even for biginers and if you are rider you can canter or gallops in some plain around Ranakpur.

*Ranakpur temple open only at noon for overseas visitors.

one can take bus from Ranakpur to udaipur just out side temple.

cheers.

Guidedesert.

jaipur.
Level Contributor
30 posts
10. Re: Two nights in Ranakpur, between Jodhpur and Udaipur ???

hi zizzi ,

no dout if u r planing ur itinerary like this,it will be very interesting to make 2 night stay in ranakpur.in ranakpur there r many hotels in diffrent standards and in diffrent budjet.u have goodchoice there for hotels.

in ranakpur you will enjoy beautifull jain temple and more interesting is to enjoy there beautifull nature.mountains,lakes,goats and lots of terben peoplle on the road,womens with colourfull dresses.and also wild life sanctuary.

so i can say u weill enjoy lot there.

for hotel i will like to advised you " HOTEL RANAKPUR HILL RESORT ".. a perfect choice in medium budjet,yes with big green gardens,with swimming pool.attentive staff with big smille.owner " RAGHU BANA " is very carefull all the time for quwality of services.so in my openion it will be good choice.

to know more about this hotel visit www.ranakpurhillresort.com

after ranakpur when u r going to udaipur,on trhe way donot forget to visit "KUMBHAL-GARH FORT".

nagla sarua ka.