We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car on hire

GUWAHATI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
car on hire

can anyone pl. let me know if self driven cars are available on hire in jodhpur. we shall be arriving on the 17th of july , also would appreciate if a suggestion for a delux class of hotel is given , and what would help in overcoming the extreme july heat . thanx ajay

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: car on hire

Self driven car not in Jodhpur yet, best to hire a driver and car. there are enough deluxe class hotels area name is Panchbatti circle,close to Pollo ground.

some of them are Park Plaza,Nikky Interntional,Quality Inn,Rajputana Palace and Shriram Inter.

all hotels are close to each other in same area.

Late July is Mansoon in Rajasthan so day is cloudy and some rains expected, escape mid day's heat.

Cheers.

Guidedesert.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car on hire

If I were staying in Jodhpur in the middle of the July heat (phew!), then I would want to stay as close as possible to the sights, and be able to walk back to my hotel for liquid reinforcement in a few minutes.

For location -- near to the market, the clock tower, the town square, the famous omelette man, and the equally-famous lassi shop -- I don't think you could ever beat a place called either Pal Haveli or Haveli Pal (we didn't stay there, so I can never quite remember the exact name). We had a look inside it, and it's certainly a deluxe class of guest house... and the view from the windows of the rooms is just amazing; you'll feel like you've seen the Fort even if it's too hot to go outside. Friendly proprietor, nice food... wish we'd stayed there!

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car on hire

Pal haveli and haveli inn pal both are in same building run by two brothers is great old haveli right next to the tower.

heart of the city clock tower is a landmark and Bazar is coularful, a main street call Nai Sadak just a little south of clock tower where you can also get couple of deluxe places

Hotel city palace and

Guru international.

cheers.

Guidedesert.

4. Re: car on hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:39 am, October 23, 2009