We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good safari: Sahara travels (Mr. Desert)

Which Jaisalmer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
good safari: Sahara travels (Mr. Desert)

I visited Jaisalmer with my family and would like to recommend an excellent safari operator, Sahara Travels run by a very picturesque gentleman who goes by the name of Mr. Desert. (Prissa). We were unhappy with the prices being charged by the hotel tour operator (shahi palace) and were exploring the Jaisalmer market outside the fort when we came upon this gentleman. His office is right

outside the first fort gate in Jaisalmer. The trip to the desert was very worth the price (I paid for 6 people the same as I would for 1 person if I had gone with the hotel tour operator). We stopped at a a number of places, saw the sunset in the dunes, and then we had a campfire under the stars. My daughters were a little worried about the camel ride, but the mahuts were very considerate. Sahara travels also helped us obtain bus tickets to Jodhpur. Would highly recommend his company.

Madrid
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good safari: Sahara travels (Mr. Desert)

Thank you for this honest report. I found also Mr.Desert is an honest man and sincere with his work, the safari prices are reasonable and the organisation is trustworty. He is not prissa but he is Bissa.

It is great help from you to follow travellers to give the detail report about the Hotel Shahi Palace.

I am at the moment in Jaisalmer and getting report that the hotels those are recommended in the mid range specially in between the price tag (Rs.250 to Rs.650). Whether these hotelier are honest to ask the same tariff during this last of December and X-mas time. If these hotels are asking more money for one room, we have to think how much they are honest with traveller or are they cheating guide books by giving false statements?

I cannot ask you but be sure your identity will count suspicious by some travellers as I had commented negatively against Hotel Shahi Palace. This fan club might think that it(mchattoraj) could be my false id.

You have to give your review for hotel shahi palace with your exprience, just a suggestion.

norway
Level Contributor
382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good safari: Sahara travels (Mr. Desert)

does mr desert have a webpage with info about the safaries?

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: good safari: Sahara travels (Mr. Desert)

Thanks for informative report.

Can you give price idea ? as prices vary a lot from season to non-season

4. Re: good safari: Sahara travels (Mr. Desert)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 am, September 27, 2009