We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

Bareilly, India
5 posts
Save Topic
road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

I along with my three friends are planning for jaisalmer trip by car starting 18 may'13. i am aware about the hot weather conditions but still want to do it. We have 8 - 9 days in hand. can u guys please suggest best travel plan which covers whole of jaisalmer anp places around. Would also like to know if jodhpur can be covered as well....???????

jaisalmer
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

hello ajay , as you ask about your 8-9 days plan for jaisalmer , yes you can and may be not it's up to you , but if you like first you can come here and visit the city and after you can go for desert if you like .

ope see you in jaisalmer

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

hey hiiiiiiiiii

April is getting hot so May will be strongly Hot and it's very hard to drive and visit the places in Jaisalmer. So skip your jaisalmer tour and try to visit other destination.

Visit jaisalmer starting Sept till March...

have a great Journey

Agra, India
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

Its better to go Jaipur >Jodhpur>Udaipur>Mount abu instead of jaselmer

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Bareilly, India
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

what can be the other nearby places which cn be covered???

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

as everyone said its hot and its true also , after that if you still plan to come than visit the fort in the morning and come beck to hotel by 11.30-12.30pm .again go out by 4/5 pm .

I would recommend the desert trip to do in early morning at 5am and returned beck by 9/10am.

Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
31 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

It will be great travel adventure during May and June in Jaisalmer... to experience the Real Desert life... to feel the hard life of desert people, to experiences the desert energy which make us calm and peaceful. I am happy to invite our beautiful place to experience our desert life.

for sure as digitaljaisalmer mentioned that it will be hot and its also good to visit places before 11:00 and after 5:00 pm. I can suggest to visit fort, havelis and lake before 11:00 and after 4:00 pm you can visit desert villages and sand dunes and stay at desert as well.

I can suggest 3 days for Jaisalmer:

Day 1 for the city ( Morning Fort, Havelies and local market and afternoon Badabagh, Gadisar lake, Desert Cultural Museum, Vyas chhatri (sunset point)

Day 2 Tanot Mata ka mandir, Amer sagar, Kuldhara and Sam sand dunes)

Day 3 Shopping, visit nice restaurants, swimming pool (as its available few 3-5 star hotel for INR 200 for few hours) and relax at your place.

You need to have long sleeve cotton light color cloths and need to drink lots of water or juice.

after Jaisalmer you can cover few mysterious place like Ramdeora (mysterious Ramdev Baba who is famous in every local religion and cast), Bikaner (rat temple), You can vist Jodhpur (beautiful fort), Ajmer (Sufi Master Khawaja shahab M. Chishti dargah) and Pushkar (Brahma temple) as well in 9 days trip).

I wish you all the best for your adventure tour where you will experience the sand storm and real desert hard life. Have great journey.

Regards

Ashraf

Mentioned in this post
Bikaner
Bikaner
Bikaner District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Ajmer
Ajmer
Ajmer District, India
Pushkar
Pushkar
Ajmer District, India
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

well suggested by members, if you decided to do jaisalmer in summer weather is not a matter ..

Other places you may add in your itinerary are Mt Abu , udaipur , Jodhpur ( this can be done in 8-9 days time frames)

Yogendra

Edited: 2:43 am, April 21, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

Hello

if you decide to face the heat of desert then follow the digitat jaisalmer just make a chenge sleep one night in desert it will be awesome under the star feel the nature it is very pure at sun rise you feel very nice and when you are in jaisalmer in evening have awalk near the lake the best .. i suggest is

1 day for sight seen before mid day ( fort and havelies ) in evening go on lake spend time

2 day go for amarsagar and barabagh and come back for lunch go for desert at 5 or littel late

3 day come from desert have a rest in hotel evening shoping or swiming in big hotel also have a dinner there

4 start for Ramdevra pokhran and reach Jodhpur .

5 visite the fort and jasawant thada . enjoy at mandore garden have some shopinig and have dinner on the rocks

6 start littel early go for ranakpur , kumbhalgarh and reach udaipur .

7 sight seen , haldi ghati musuem nathdwara ,back to hotel

8 go for mount abu feel very nice temp. is very low then other place .it will be perfect for closing the travel

9 go back for home

enjoy your colour full journey

Jaisalmer = 42'temp.

Jodhpur = 40 plus

udaipur = less then 40

mount about == less then 35

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

hi,

From where you will start your trip ? advise the name if city to have best road plan .

Dev

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: road trip to jaisalmer starting 18 may'13

We will suggest you better but please let us know starting city