We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

Tezpur, India
1 post
Save Topic
Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

Hi , I am Ajoy , travelling with my wife and two children,reaching Jodhpur on 24.03.2013 at 6.00 hrs from Jammu Tawi. I would like to visit Jaisalmer - Pushkar - Ajmer ( Dargah ) before taking flight to Guwahati on 28.03.2013 at 8.20 hrs from Jaipur. Kindly suggest me a itinery .

New Delhi
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

You have two option for this travel

Option 1 - Travel by Train

24-03-13 - Reach Jodhpur, freshen-up and do the local sightseeing. Later in the night take the train to Jaisalmer (35 seat in 3AC and 39 seat in Sleeper is available as on date) at 23:45 hrs which will drop you at Jaisalmer at 05:30 hrs on 25th.

25-03-13 - After freshen-up do the local sightseeing. Night stay at Jaisalmer.

26-03-13 - Mover around the city of Golden Fort and go far towards the India Pakistan border to take the real taste of Sand Dunes. Later in the night take the train back to Jodhpur at 23:30 hrs which will drop you at 05:15 hrs and then take a connecting train to Ajmer at 07:00 hrs which will drop you at Ajmer at 12:40 hrs. on 27-03-13

27-03-13 - After freshen-up visit Dargah and Pushkar. Do remember to visit the only temple of Lord Brahma in the world in Pushkar. Later in the night board the train to Jaipur at 20:50 to reach Jaipur at 23:00 hrs. Do the night stay at Jaipur.

28-03-13 - Leave for the Airport to catch your morning flight.

NOTE - If you want to visit Jaipur then do not do night stay at Jaipur.

Option 2 - Travel by Car

Hire a cab which will be at your disposal for 5 days. The round k.m. will be around 1300-1400 k.m. You will be charged on a per k.m. basis depending the type of vehicle you choose. You can follow the same Itinerary except that for going to Ajmer from Jaisalmer you do not have to return to Jodhpur and for night stay you can do at the hotels rather than train.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

The program given by shweta is good enough. You can follow her advice.

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

The program given by Shweta is perfect

You can follow him

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

I will suggest you hire car for whole tour for jodhpur - jaisalmer - jodhpur .

Itinerary

24/03 : Arrival Jodhpur + fresh up and proceed for half day sight seen + drive to jaisalmer.

25/03 : Jaisalmer

26/03 : Jaisalmer to Jodhpur + Half day sightseen

27/03 : Jodhpur to Jaipur train( depart at 06;00 and reach

Jaipur at 11;00) + Arrive Jaipur and drive to pushkar Ajmer.back to Jaipur .

28/03 Fly back home.

or From Jaisalmer take direct train to jaipur ( at 14:00hrs and reack jaipur around 05;30 )Pre hire car from Jaipur + wash and change than dirve to Pushkar and Ajmer ( hardly 03hrs drive from Jaipur0night stay at jaipur

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

sweta gave you good program . I just like to advice that you can take direct bus for Pushkar or ajmer from jaisalmer at 5pm and you will arrive at 5am , bus has sleepers to sleep . Will save 5 hrs from the train .

Dev

6. Re: Visit to Jaisalmer - Pushkar-Ajmer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013