We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in deciding a hotel to stay in Jaisalmer

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help in deciding a hotel to stay in Jaisalmer

We will be staying in Jaisalmer in end December for 4-5 days. We will be 2 couples travlling with kids 5 & 7 years old. Need guidance on which hotel to choose. I have read great reviews of Killa Bhawan but rooms are not available. I am confused between Garh Jaisal (rooms look small in pictures), Gorband Palace, Jawahar Niwas Palace, Rang Mahal (although I see many negative reviews) and Taj Rawal Kot (which as I understand is far from city). Any guidance from people who have stayed or know the area will be helpful.

Europe
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in deciding a hotel to stay in Jaisalmer

Gorband Palace or Taj Rawal Kot

Pleasant Ridge...
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in deciding a hotel to stay in Jaisalmer

I was there in Janaury and my wife and I stayed at the Himmatgarh Palace. It was a very clean place and the service I was great. We arrived really early by train to Jaisalmer, about 4:30-5am. Upon arriving at the hotel, the clerk gave us a room to take a quick nap and frshen up since our room was not ready. He then transfered all our stuff when the room was available. I thought that was above and beyond, especially since the room only coste70 bucks.

Also, the hotel is not in the fort, which for preservation reasons is preferable. The increased number of people from tourism is having an adverse effect on the condition of the fort. Namely, it is crumbling in places. The guides, etc that I read all recommended staying outside of the fort. There are plenty of methods to get to the fort. A rickshaw costs about a buck if memory serves. So even if you don't stay at HP, verify that it is outside the walls of the fort.

3. Re: Help in deciding a hotel to stay in Jaisalmer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 07, 2009