We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Hello, and I was wondering a couple of things about a Golden Triangle trip I'm planning in March during Holi, 2015. My wife and I are trying to make the trip through the Golden Triangle (start in Delhi, then Agra and Jaipur), and probably have about 2 1/2 weeks to tour. We also want to include Varanasi in our plans, as well as other cities in Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jodhpur, etc.).

Questions: How long should we plan to be in each city, and what itinerary makes the most sense in terms of order? Can we see all these cities in our timeframe, and not rush through them?

Also, what is the best mode of transportation to get to all of these cities? I'm thinking getting a train, to get the best possible Indian experience, but am open to flying (esp. to Varanasi, since it's longer).

Thanks so much for you help.

Namaste Jaipur Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Visit Rajasthan Tour
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Bhati Tours & Travel
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
Rajputana Tour and Travels
Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
50 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Hi Destination Experts,

Namaskar to every one. Coming October I am planning to Visit Jaipur, jodhpur, Amritsar, Wag ah border, Jammu Vishno devi, and if possible Manali. Delhi, Agra i have already visited twice and not interested to see again.

Manali also visited, but like to visit once again if time permit and short distance from my other destinations.. So dear experts ,kindly advice me the shortest route( Train) to visit all these place. I am coming from Chennai and Final day i will be traveling to Chennai by flight.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
5 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Hello Jason,

My suggestion is to plan your travel in such a way that you do not miss Holi festival in ISKON Vrindavan. that'll give you a terrific experience of the colorful festival. so you can start your journey from Delhi

Hire a taxi

go to Mathura thru Yamuna/Taj Expressway. it will take only 90 minutes. celebrate Holi at ISKON Vrindavan.

Check-out late evening to Agra stay there for a night, visit Tajmahal in the evening and enjoy the full moon. (that'll change your trip to the most romantic one, since you're travelling with your partner).

Travel time: Delhi-Mathura : 90 minutes Mathura to Agra: 60-75 mins

Stay: Not required in Mathura, 1night in Agra

In morning you may visit Fatehpur Sikri and leave to Bharatpur (Ranthambhor National park is quite far). Stay there in Palace/camp hotel/resort. take a safari into Birds century. capture nice shots.

Travel time: Fatehpur Sikri - BharatPur : 90-120 mins

Stay: 1 night in Bharatpur

Leave for Jaipur, Check into nice Heritage kind of hotel or haveli.

Travel time : BharatPur - Jaipur: 3-4 hrs.

Stay: 2 nights in Jaipur

Attractions: City Palace, Kanak Vrindavan, Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Amber Fort, Chokhi Dhani, Rajmandir, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall, Johri Bazar, Hawamahal, Jal-Mahal etc.

you can end your travel here and go back to delhi, but if still have time then:

From Jaipur take a train to Udaipur, it is an overnight journey. Check into hotel.

stay: 2 nights

Attractions: Fatehsagar Lake, City Palace, Lake Palace, Jag Mandir etc.

From Udaipur you can go to either back to Delhi or Jodhpur but if you've visited Jaipur and Udaipur, you need not to visit Jodhpur since all attractions look like same. there is no major differences.

From Udaipur take a train, which is again an overnight journey.

Come back to Delhi, stay for 2 nights in Delhi and explore Delhi.

so you need total 10 days to complete Delhi-Mathura-Agra-Bharatpur-Jaipur-Udaipur-Delhi.

Important links:

Train Tickets: irctc.co.in

Bus tickets: Delhi to Mathura/Agra: https://www.upsrtconline.co.in/

From Agra to Jaipur and Jaipur to Udaipur: https:/…en

Hope this will help you. message me if you need any suggestions.

Stay Happy

MJ

23. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:13 am, August 11, 2015
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Hi MJ

do you know what dates the Holi festival is. I may look at changing my itinerary to include that as well

Thanks heaps

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Holi is on March 6 2015

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Fantastic, I've rearranged my schedule to stay 2 nights. Now just have to find some good Guest House accomodation. Great suggestion.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

That can be easily done if you give an idea of how much you wanna shell out per day.

brisbane
Level Contributor
33 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

My husband wants to travel to India in November for a 6 night tour of the Golden Triangle. 2 nights in Delhi, 2 nights in Jaipur and 2 nights in Agra. Travelling with a group on a bus tour. This is completely organised is this ok or is it way to rushed.

Thankyou

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

Hi,

Brisbanelizard,

This is a perfect plan...no changes required...he can proceed with set plan.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

30. Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions and More in March, 2015.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2015