We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Short trip?

I am thinking of traveling from the US to India in April but only have a little over a week. I would meet a friend in Udaipur and be there for 3- 4 days, then possibly travel to Jaipur, Agra and home. It seems like a lot of travel for such a short time. Are there things to see along the way? Should I postpone till another time when I can hopefully extend the trip??

Thanks,

Max

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Short trip?

I just got back from India, a month long trip plus family reunion involved about 15cities and road trip of Delhia and Agra (4days) and a road trip in Rajasthan- Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Mt. Abu and Udaipur for 8 days

I agree with Marcia on 100% with city selection- definitely Agra ( Fatehpur Sikri, if possible) and Udaipur.

Jaipur is too crowded and chaotic. Hawa mahal was was great but, it is not properly taken care off- Such shame! i am truly heart broken and sad.

Udaipur was peaceful and beautiful with so much to offer! City palace, boat ride in Lake Pichoala, Jagmandir etc...

If time permitted I would have insisted more time in Jodhpur and definitely Jaisalmer, while I was traveling. Kids were too tired at that point begged to get home ASAP.

These two gem cities though unique, but too far to accommodate.

Mindful of pesky and extremely annoying tour guides, vendors, rickshaw peddlers at Taj! We ultimately had to get rid of our our self appointed/invited guide by paying extra money so that we could have some private and peaceful time.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Short trip?

You may want to consider the timing of your visit as it will be really warm in India during April and May with temp. well over 100F (114F or more esp. in Rajasthan)

13. Re: Short trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2014