We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Hi

Two perhaps three vintage aged ladies would like to visit Rajasthan.

Two of us would like to travel in November as we heard that, that is when the festivals start. If we go around the Christmas/New Year season, three of us will be travelling.

Another question I have is, is it ok to do independent travel or should we do tours? We would prefer not to travel during the peak season too if that is possible.

Cheers

Cupert

Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive Pvt. Ltd.
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Multi-day Tours
Janu Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Heritage India Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Bhati Tours & Travel
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
66 replies to this topic
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Can anyone recommend a company for me to hire a car and driver for 3 weeks in Rajasthan. I'm looking at travelling during About second week in March for the Holi festival.

Thanks. Chris

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

The last three times we have been in India, we have used a company called Icon India tours to arrange the car and driver for us, and have always fund them to be very good. The cars have always been first class and the drivers excellent. I can wholeheartedly recommend them.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Hey,

I prefer you to come in november as in december prices are high on hotels.

Also prefer agents or travel companies are best due to privacy.i can suggest 3-4 good companies for it.PM me your way of trip or you can google it on locally jaipur,rajasthan

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Hi

Please see reviews on TA for reliable driver and car services for your three weeks leg.

defiantly you have good car and driver and hopefully you enjoy your itinerary.

with best wishes.

Thanks

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

I have to attend a marriage in Jodhpur May 2014 is it advisable to come with family along with 2 children and further plan a rajasthan trip with them

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Hi

May month is quite hot (32-46degree ) in jodhpur but you can have a/c car and a/c rooms with swimming pools.

you can done jodhpur, ranakpur , udaipur , pushkar , Jaipur , Agra & Delhi. morning and evening is better for walk around city as is day time.

thanks and regards

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

May is hot but nothing intolerable if you have AC's around you. Sure you can do that.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Yes you can arrange a tour, you can do the sight seen in morning and evening and in the afternoon you can stay in hotels

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
39. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

Hi Can you please give me the name of the company you used. We are a group of 4 planning to visit in December for a week or so.

Thanks thought I would take advantage of your positive feedback about this company.

asha

40. Re: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:52 am, March 03, 2014

Reply to: When is the best time to visit Rajasthan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted