We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Rajasthan

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Tour Rajasthan

Hello,

Myself and a few friends wish to tour rajasthan in Feb as we are going to Jodhpur for a wedding- do you have any recommendations of tour operators/guides that we could go with?

Thanks

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Rajasthan

Hey hiiii

Yes....I know the best Travel agent for Rajasthan...

Rhythm of Desert Tours & Travels - rhythmofdesert@gmail.com

Just mail them your query they will reply As fast as you want...

Regards,

Uju

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Rajasthan

Hi Jaya05

Chances are that you are going to be inundated with the names of many different tour operators. This will make your choice very difficult. Many of us have experienced wonderful holidays in Rajasthan organised by tour operators who provided us with excellent service. Some haven't been so pleased with their trips.

Prepare for this by reading past posts about different tour operators, and look carefully at who is providing each review. You will be able to narrow down which operators you think will suit you. You can then get ideas and quotes from a smaller group of tour operators.

Enjoy your trip.

3. Re: Tour Rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:31 am, November 12, 2012
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Rajasthan

I've just come back and went with goheritage tours.

Like the post above it was by a private car/taxi - we had the same taxi driver the whole time, whilst the tour guides changed for each place (we did Agra-Jaipur (Rajhasthan)-Delhi). The tour company was quite excellent and the cheapest of all. The hotels that were picked (we chose 3 star) were more like a 4-5 star in Australia. We were met at our first hotel in Delhi, all paperwork etc. given to us then.

I'm definitely not an operator (as good as it was for me it was a been there, done that, no need to see again place!) so feel free to email if you have any more questions :p

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Rajasthan

Your are most welcome to beautiful city of rajasthan that jodhpur , it know for it culture , language and customs.

Many travel agent your fine in india as well in rajasthan

thanks Nimbera

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Rajasthan

Most tour operators provide a car and driver unless you opt to use buses or trains for some or all of your trip. I used TGS for my 30 days in Rajasthan last Dec./Jan. Nikhil who runs the company provided me with an exceptional driver who shared his knowledge and his sense of humour during our drives between centres, and assisted in so many little ways during the entire trip. Nikhil stayed in contact with me every few days to check that the trip was going smoothly.

The hotels were not a particular "standard", but instead were based on my outline to Nikhil - heritage hotels or hotels which offered something unique such as views, location, etc. I had already made some hotel choices based on my own research, and for others Nikhil provided me with a number of suggested hotels in different price ranges based on reviews and his knowledge of them. During the trip i stayed at hotels ranging from 3 star to 5 star (not a lot of these) with appropriate big price ranges.

I paid for the hotels a few weeks before I arrived in India (This didnt worry me as I had absolute faith in thehonesty of the company based on the reviews I had read) and received a receipt for this immediately. I paid for the balance of my trip (car and driver, guides, specific tours) at the end of my trip at TGS's main office which is in Jaipur. They have offices in several other cities.

Would I recommend them? Most definitely! I hope to return to India and I will contact Nikhil if and when I do. They catered for my wishes, rather than expecting me to fit into their plans.

7. Re: Tour Rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, December 05, 2011
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Rajasthan

Festive tours your other posting is removed and this will be reported as well. When posting look in to guidelines and it is prohibited to solicit bussiness on forums.

deepak

Brisbane
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Rajasthan

We are 2 mature ladies visiting Rajasthan for 14 days we have booked

our hotels and now seek a car/driver/guide.

We have read reports for

Exclusive India and India by CarandDriver.

Would experts or other travellers comment on these or their experiences

Grateful for help/advice

Brisbane
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Rajasthan

would experts/reads comment on Car/Driver experiences in Rajasthan.

We (2 mature ladies) have booked our accom. for 14 nights, would

recommend opinions on Exclusive India or Indiabycaranddriver or

other suggestions. We leave early February