We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

london
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Has anyone booked direct with this company based in New Delhi. Or perhaps you have a personal favourite you could recommend to book an individual, interesting, luxury trip to Rajasthan for 4 adults next Spring.

2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Hi,

I had a terrible experience with this company and I would not recommend them. Back in 2009 I was travelling in south India and I organized a Golden triangle trip with them. The experience was so unpleasant that I hardly know where to start.

Here are some of the top incidents;

-all of the tour guides which travelpals arranged for me were more interested in getting me to buy stuff than giving me a tour. The Delhi guide took me to so many shops that she ran out of time to take me to the monuments! So instead she decided to just drive past and show me through the car window.

-Another guide in jaipur lied to me, telling me that the driver had said we had to leave. Not true. Turned out he had lined up another job and I was just taking too long for him. He rushed his tour and was visibly annoyed when I wanted some time to take photos.

-my Delhi guide took me to a store where I felt very pressured to buy something. I did my something and it was very expensive. The next day I regretted it and told travelpals. I was very distressed. The travelpals manager said to leave it with him and he would handle it. He did nothing. I later found out about the kick backs the company gets from the sales. More fool me!

-one of travelpals staff decided he was in love with me and told me off for leaving my hotel without informing him. Crazy.

-the driver that travelpals organized for me was very good. However, it turned out that he was listening to my phone conversations and recounting them to travelpals.

-I wrote a letter of complaint about all these things to the company. No response.

Jaipur, Agra and Delhi were amazing places to visit. Steer clear of this company though.

-

Godiasco, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Ottima organizzazione.

Abbiamo fatto il tour del Rajasthan nelle vacanze di natale del 2012 appoggiandoci a questa agenzia che ha accontentato perfettamente tutte le nostre richieste riguardo i luoghi da visitare, tenendo lontano ogni tipo di imprevisto.

Abbiamo ricevuto un'accoglienza fantastica in aereoporto con tanto di collane di fiori, che ha aperto al meglio la nostra vacanza in India.

Ringraziamo vivamente Jagdeep, che ha modellato impeccabilmente il tour in base alle nostre esigenze, che è stato sempre presente e interessato nel sapere quali fossero state le nostre impressioni degli hotel, assolutamente fantastici, delle guide e dell'autista. Lo ringraziamo perchè alla fine della vacanza non era più solo un organizzatore ma anche un amico. Grazie Jagdeep.

Ringraziamo soprattutto Sarwan, il nostro super autista, che ha dimostrato di essere oltre che perfetto al volante (prudente ed esperto), anche un conoscitore profondo del Rajasthan, che ci ha sempre consigliato bene i ristoranti e tutto ciò che c'era da sapere per non fare brutte esperienze in questo stato. Grazie mille Sarwan.

E così, abbiamo lasciato l'India con tantissimi bei ricordi e anche con due amici che non dimenticheremo mai.

Grazie Travel Pals!!!!!!!!!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Dear elbife,

Many thanks for your appreciation and glad to know that you enjoyed your visit to India.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Don't worry about it, its trusted & reputed company.

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Planning a tour in Rajasthan we decided that, in our seventies, it would be wiser to pay a travel agent to help us, in order to avoid the hassle of a do-it-yourself expedition. We were recommended to Travel Pals by a friend in Edinburgh who had used them a number of times for personal and group cultural tours. From their office in New Delhi the Chopra brothers, who run this firm founded by their father, used their local knowledge to refine our requirements and provide a competitive quotation. Discussion of suggestions and amendments was easily done by email and phone. Accommodation and guides were booked and prepaid, and we were provided with a comfortable a/c car and a marvelous driver who looked after us for four weeks like a father. With their network of local contacts Travel Pals ensured that we had a relaxed and trouble free holiday. An unforeseen problem at one hotel was promptly dealt with by a change to alternative accommodation. We found Travel Pals professional, trustworthy and a pleasure to deal with, and would not hesitate to use their excellent, courteous and caring service again.

16. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:12 am, January 28, 2014
New Delhi
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Dear Mr. David,

Many thanks for giving us this opportunity to serve you. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your India trip and look forward to serve you in near future.

Travel Pals India team

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Never heard about them.

Invercargill, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

We have recently completed the 18 day Rajasthan Tour which was an incredible experience. Travel Pals were outstanding right from the first contact. Excellent communication throughout the planning phase. The tour went without a hitch from the start. Accommodation was excellent, guides were well informed and the driver was safe and very reliable.

The whole Travel Pals experience was great. They were very professional and continually consulted regarding our feedback and satisfaction as the tour progressed.

I fully recommend Travel Pals. We left India after a trouble free experience with wonderful memories of incredible India.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Travel Pals (India) PVT> Ltd

Dear Mr. Ian,

Many thanks for your encouraging feedback. We enjoyed serving you and look forward to continue doing so!

With regards,

Travel Pals India team