We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver jewellery

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Silver jewellery

Hi to all TA members

We are going to be in Rajasthan ( MandawaBikaner -Jaisalmer- Jodhpur - Udaipur)next month and i would like to ask if anyone knows

if and where i can buy hand made silver jewellery in good price.

Thanks in advance

Zoi

Mentioned in this post
Mandawa
Mandawa
Jhunjhunu District, India
Bikaner
Bikaner
Bikaner District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
1. Re: Silver jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, July 31, 2011
Edited: 7:05 am, July 31, 2011
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,311 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver jewellery

Udaipur is traditionaly famous for silver products. But all the cities you will be visiting have their own shops for silver jewllery.

deepak

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,311 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver jewellery

Mr.Sumttak2,

As per the guide lines u can't solicit and advertise your bussiness on this forum. Please go through the guide lines before posting.

deepak

Srinagar, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver jewellery

Jaipur is famous for its silver jewellers , just avoids go to shops that drivers / touts / guides take you to , they will make a killing out of it. A self exploration in this regards around the Jaipur markets will prove fruitful.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jaipur
Level Contributor
693 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver jewellery

Avoid chameli market completely. Its too touristy. What kind of silver do you want to buy? Only silver, with stones (semi precious/ precious)???

Just specify your requirements and I can mail you my detailed suggestions on your email ID.

Happy to help

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver jewellery

Jaipur is a good choice for silver jewelry shopping. The eastern stretch of Johari Bazaar from the Chaupar side has plenty of retail shops. M. I. Road has some high end silver shops like Amrapali and Miss India. Chameliwala market is mainly for the wholesale buyers. Also look at Rambabu of Silver Mountain if youre looking at wholesale.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver jewellery

If you want great quality at reasonable price ( not cheapest but great contemporary and ethnic designs ) try Amrapali store on MI road in Jaipur

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silver jewellery

Thank you all for your replys but i wil not visit Jaipur (i did 2 years ago) i am only

visiting MandawaBikaner -Jaisalmer- Jodhpur - Udaipur.

And for "anuropabaner" Only silver not with stones.

Zoi

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Mandawa
Mandawa
Jhunjhunu District, India
Bikaner
Bikaner
Bikaner District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Jaipur
Level Contributor
693 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silver jewellery

Zoi, the best would be look for manufacturers online. Most of the silver I have seen around is with stones. Since you are not coming to Jaipur, i aint able to help much :(

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
JAIPUR
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Silver jewellery

Hi Zoi Dimitris,

Please find in Udaipur you will find many silver shops near Ghanta Ghar and Jagdish Temple. You will get good stuff over there.

Also there are few shops outside City Palace, one of the shop name is Vinayak Art's and crafts. You can visit all other shops nearby to this shop which sells silver.

Don't purchase any silver from Pushkar, because most of shops in pushkar sells you cheep silver, but that is all german silver.

In Jodhpur you will get silver stuff IN SARAFA BAZAR. This is whole sale market.

Mentioned in this post
Jagdish Temple
Jagdish Temple
1,669 Reviews
Udaipur, India
City Palace
City Palace
120 Reviews
Alwar, India
Vinayak Guesthouse
Vinayak Guesthouse
637 Reviews