We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

Edina MN
Level Contributor
7 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

My family (husband, wife, 2 college age daughters) will be in Jodhpur this coming New Year's Eve. The hotel we are staying at (Pal Haveli) is telling us that they are having a mandatory dinner with liquor, folk dances and fireworks for $100 USD. This is an outrageous price.

My questions are:

Can they truly enforce the mandatory dinner requirement?

What other more reasonably priced options are there for dinner in Jodhpur on New Year's Eve?

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Pal Haveli
Pal Haveli
670 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

All hotels have a mandatory Xmas Eve & New Years Eve dinner as a way of extorting extra money from tourists. This is unfortunate but started with Taj & Oberoi and now has spread to all the smaller hotels also. No point thinking of other options as the hotel is going to charge you the dinner price anyway whether you eat or not.

2. Re: New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 pm, January 21, 2009
canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

My opinion is you must pay for it .

last year during our new year eve , we really enjoyed . We stayed at karni bhawan , Bikaner .

May be jodhpur hotel is also offering the same delicious food good dance & music

India
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

Hi,

I would suggest you to search other option. You will find options don't have mandatory dinner like Hotel Haveli Inn Pal doesn't have mandatory offer dinner on New Year,s Eve.

Mentioned in this post
Haveli Inn Pal
Haveli Inn Pal
730 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Jodhpur
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

Hi, well it not more than 50% extra . if you want enjoy in johpur you can go Hotel The Rock (approx 50 $ for pair) and many more good and low cost place. also my family is thinking to go The rock. well if you want know more places you can call me +91-9414119920. i

6. Re: New Year's Eve in Jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 16, 2009