We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Costs approximate -- Udaipur to Mount Abu to Jodhpur

India
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Costs approximate -- Udaipur to Mount Abu to Jodhpur

Dear Friends,

I am thinking of the following Itinary.

Arrive Udaipur by train. After a stay of 2 days leave for Mount Abu (via Ranakpur) and after a stay for 2 more days leave for Jodhpur.

How much would a taxi cost (AC Qualis) for this entire duration.

Regards

Mukul

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Mount Abu
Mount Abu
Sirohi District, India
Ranakpur
Ranakpur
Pali District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Costs approximate -- Udaipur to Mount Abu to Jodhpur

Expect to pay min 250 km @ Rs 8 to Rs 9 per km for each day outstation run plus driver allowance around Rs 150 per night. If actual km run is more than the min km, then you pay the higher figure.

India
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Costs approximate -- Udaipur to Mount Abu to Jodhpur

Thankyou so much..

Based on your experience do you think it is a good idea to take a package from the leading sites like makemytrip / yatra or should I do it on my own..

Considering that I will be travelling with my parents (50+ in age) and an infant child.

The travelguru package for this itinary is approx. Rs 17,000 per person and includes the following hotels

Ram Pratap Palace -- Udaipur (2 nights)

Hotel Sunset Inn -- Mount Abu (2 nights)

Haveli Inn Pal hotel -- Jodhpur (2 nights)

All transfers and sightseeing included...

Your candid opinion is highly solicited.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Hotel Sunset Inn
Hotel Sunset Inn
61 Reviews
Mount Abu, India
Mount Abu
Mount Abu
Sirohi District, India
Haveli Inn Pal
Haveli Inn Pal
730 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Costs approximate -- Udaipur to Mount Abu to Jodhpur

Being a tour operator myself, it is my studied opinion that you should use tour operators (whether online or real life) and not try and waste your time booking yourself. However always get a break up of all the costs from the tour operator and do not take a ready made package. Also pick and choose your own hotels. The ready made packages offered by tour operators is always based on hotels that give them largest discounts and may not always be best for you. If you will look at this package you have been offered, even after you factor in Qualis for 7 days (250x7x9) and accommodation for 6 nights at Rs 2500 for double room (the general range of hotels mentioned by you)and assuming you are 4 adults, the cost per person for transport and hotels is Rs 11500 per person twin sharing basis. This leaves entrances to monuments, guides which certainly can not be Rs 5500 per person. Work with the tour operator you have chosen but build your own package.

4. Re: Taxi Costs approximate -- Udaipur to Mount Abu to Jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, September 30, 2009