We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caves in Rajasthan

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Caves in Rajasthan

Hi there,

I'm bit of a cave freak and I'm wondering are there any good caves in Rajasthan. Somebody mentioned in passing to me that there were caves near Udaipur. Am I right on this?

Thanks

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caves in Rajasthan

Never heard of any in Rajasthan. If you find some, pls do email me at nikpandit@gmail.com. The only ones I can think of is Bharatri and Pandupol near Alwar. Maybe the Gaumukh at Mt Abu also could count as a cave.

Bikaner. India.
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Caves in Rajasthan

Dear M & W,

There are no deep caves in Rajasthan. There are 'Tiger Caves outside Jodhpur and a few nice impressions near Nimaj (2 Hrs drive from Jodhpur). Wonderful to see Bats.

There are excavated Rock Temples, mistakenly called Cave Temples, all over India and there are a few near Jhalawar in South Rajasthan which are not very well published in the tourist trade. These date back some 2000 yrs. Many more of these and a few natural caves are found in Central India.

Cheers.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caves in Rajasthan

Hi Wildlifer -

You say "There are 'Tiger Caves outside Jodhpur" - where are these , near Mandore?

Also any name for the place near Jhalawar? Thanks for the info, its tough to get genuinely new information on these fora, so thanks for the inputs.

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caves in Rajasthan

Thanks guys. Wow, wildlifer that's great information that I have not been able to find elsewhere. Thanks very, very much!

5. Re: Caves in Rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 28, 2009