We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

Kolkata (Calcutta...
10 posts
Save Topic
tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

Can anybody suggest me for above tour planning. With hotel, sightseeing & sumo fare for cherapunji, kajiranga to shillong, shillong to guwahati.

we are 2 family in our group. Per family consists 2 Adults 2 child

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

hi rupak, kaziranga closes by mid May, you wouldn't be able to enter for safaris. i'd rather recommend majuli island nearby, or if you like wildlife, you can also visit pobitora sanctuary (near guwahati).

A week long holiday would be sufficient to see Guwahati-Pobitora-Shillong-Cherrapunji.

Save Reply
2. Re: tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

Hello

I would like to know about pobitora , i am planning to visit Guwahati and due to lack of time i have to quit my plan of visiting kaziranga.

Are there can services available from Guwahati to pobitora?

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

I am planning to travel north east preferably shillong,guwahati ,kaziranga if any other places possible in a 10day budget trip in the month of first week April. Can someone please suggest best itinerary and hotels to stay

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

Iam planning to travel north east preferably shillong guwati ,kaziranga other places around if possible in a 10 day trip with family of 3 in first week of april . need a iternary for the same with list of budget hotels

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

animal sighting in Kaziranga would be slightly less in april as it starts getting warmer.

It is also the festive season in northeast, do witness the traditional new years celebrations of many communities in april.

ideally, Tawang region (in Arunachal Pradesh) would be excellent for April.

day 1- arrival Guwahati, then proceed to Shillong (4hrs), en route visit Barapani lake

day 2- Shillong sightseeing

day 3- day trip to Mawlynong village (3hrs), return by evening.

day 4- day trip to Mawsynram (2hrs), explore the caves

day 5- Shillong to Kaziranga (7hrs)

day 6- Kaziranga safaris: morning- western range (jeep), afternoon- eastern (jeep)

day 7- morning- central range (elephant safari), later proceed to Bhalukpong/Nameri National Park (5hrs)

day 8- enjoy nature walks, rafting, fishing on Bhoroli river. Return to Guwahati (5hrs)

day 9- Guwahati sightseeing

day 10- departure

6. Re: tour planning on may 18th ... guwahati, shillong, kaziranga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 09, 2016