We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days visit to Pune

Which Pune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
2 days visit to Pune

Hello All,

I'm planning for a 2 day trip from Mumbai to Pune. My itinerary looks something like this:

Day One: Leave from Mumbai - Visit Prati Balaji Temple

Check in at a hotel in the afternoon

Leave from the hotel to visit

a) Dagdusheth Temple

b) Darshan Museum

c) Osho Ashram (not sure if we are allowed to visit inside)

d) Shaniwar Wada

e) Koregaon Park area, like Kayani Bakery etc.

f) Come back to the hotel

Day Two: Morning leave for Mumbai

Now could you please help me with which hotel to choose?

I've shortlisted VITS or Sun n Sand or some hotel in Koregaon Park.

Thanks,

Manoj R.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days visit to Pune

I suggest, You may include Raja Kelkar Museum in Pune which is not far from Shanvarwada and Dagdusheth Ganpati. It is a one man collection of thousands of items which amazes us. A must see.

A visit to Sinhagad Fort (where you can have Zunka Bhakri and steam hot onion Pakoras for your lunch) and also visit to Parvati temple would make your Pune trip complete.

Please do not forget to get Bakarvadi and Amba barfi from Chitale Mithaiwale. (I like their Pedhas too).

You may get fresh Anjir (figs) also in Mandai.

Sanjiv

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days visit to Pune

Thanks Sanjiv.

Appreciate your prompt response.

Could you help me decide on which hotel to book? VITS or some in the city? I don't want to lose out time in traffic.

Also Sinhagad fort is a little far I heard.

I don;t want to clutter my itinerary too much...coz its just one day and I have my children along. So it should not be very tiring.

So could you help me with which hotel I should consider for such a trip planned?

VITS or some hotel in the city?

Thanks,

Manoj R.

Edited: 8:27 am, April 15, 2013
Mumbai
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days visit to Pune

Awaiting a reply friends.

Thanks.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days visit to Pune

Hi Manoj,

Since you are with your children, then it becomes compulsory that you visit Sinhagad Fort.

Children normally may not be interested in religious places. They want to romp around, climb, some adventure, scope for masti etc. which is offered on Sinhagad. Moreover, they must have learned about forts in their history books in the school. So seeing things described in the school book may interest them more than Dagdusheth Ganpathi Mandir.

I have never stayed in hotel as I have many relatives in Pune with whom we stay. So sorry dear cannot help you on that.

Sanjiv

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days visit to Pune

You can refer this post as well

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297654-i5706-k6404…

6. Re: 2 days visit to Pune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 20, 2014