We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balaji Temple in Pune

Which Pune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Balaji Temple in Pune

Hello,

I'm planning for a family trip from Mumbai to Pune and visit the Balaji Temple. However, when I checked online, I found 2 such temples,

1) Sri Ahobila Mutt Temple near Pashan (As per their website)

2) Temple near Narayanpur as per TripAdvsior.

Could you tell me which is the temple and how do I reach there.

Thanks,

Manoj

1. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:00 am, March 19, 2013
Edited: 2:00 am, March 19, 2013
Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
128 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

Both Temples exists.

1. Sri Ahobila Mutt Temple near Pashan

Take "sus road" exit from mumbai-banglore highway, its clearly marked exit with blue board. Ramp up and once you reach top of ramp, turn left. Drive straight for about 2kms to reach "balaji circle". A right on this circle shall take you to temple.

2.Temple near Narayanpur as per TripAdvsior.

Its 10-12kms from khed-shivapur toll plaza. Look out for "kapoorhole" village, a left from here takes you to balaji temple. This one is bigger temple.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

Hello Vinit

Appreciate your response.

Wanted to know which is the Prati Balaji Temple, which has been constructed as the replica of the Balaji Temple in Tirupati?

Have you visited both temples? Wanted to know which one do you suggest we visit, since we have one day to visit Pune and I guess both these temples are far apart.

Thanks,

Manoj R

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
794 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

Prati Balaji is same as explained by Vinit. Its apparently the replica of Tirupati, though I have not visited Tirupati. I havent been to the first one mentioned by you. The one Prati Balaji is nice and quite large. From Mumbai it will take 4 hours drive straight ( I mean if you dont stop at the first one).

For Prati Balaji, if you come from Mumbai side, continue on Bangalore highway. Pune city ends after the tunnel. Kapurhol village about 20 km drive from the tunnel.

If you have time do visit ShriDatta temple at Narayanpur which is very close from Prati Balalji (in same village in fact) and Baneshwar near Nasarapur. Its very scenic picnic spot with very old Shiva temple. Baneshwar is about 5-7 kms before you turn for Balaji.

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
128 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

Prati balaji temple is one near Kapurhol village.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

The Prati Balaji temple is the one near Narayanpur. It is a scaled down version of the actual Tirupati temple. Even the Prasadam is similar!

Ahmedabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

I will stay two days in pune in koregaon, pls let me know the best place for visit for food, shopping and BALAJI TEMPLE. Thanks

8. Re: Balaji Temple in Pune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 12, 2014