We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aurangabad trip

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Aurangabad trip

I am from Pune and planing for a short holiday trip to Aurangabad. My plan to cover Ajanta, Elora and Bibi Ka Maqbara in 2 days and also looking for a decent, safe hotel for staying.

can you please guide me to achieve my plan?

Aurangabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aurangabad trip

Hi,

Here is what I would suggest.:

You could take a Shivneri from Shvajinagar for Aurangabad. As it leaves hourly, you need not book tickets in prior. But still you can book a ticket from "www.msrtc.gov.in/msrtc_live/index-eng.html"

When you come to Auranagabd, take a rikshaw to any of the following Hotels. One word of caution, DO NOT negotiate with the rikshaw-wala, if he is not willing to use the meter. Safe side make sure the fare should not be more than Rs70/-.

If you are a student stay at a cheap motel, which are plenty in Aurangabad. I would personally suggest, "Varsha Inn" which is located Beside Surya Sports Club, near Bhagwan College, N-6 CIDCO. Decent Rooms with best rate and absolutely safe. If you are willing to pay a little more I would suggest "Hotel Manor", at Kranti Chowk, again a good place to stay with Breakfast. Also it has a couple more restaurants for your Lunch and Dinner.

From either of these hotels (Front Desk) you could ask for a Taxi service which is not very expensive if you are travelling in a group of four or more.

Also if you are getting your car, which I insist, then you are at your leisure to go anywhere here and whatever route you want to take.

Its been raining for a week now and its absolutely pleasant, so much of "greenery" you would be able to see when you are visiting the caves, Kailash Temple, Khultabad Hill Station, Mhaismal Hill Station, Bibi-Ka-Maqbara, Panchakki, etc.

Places to Eat:-

My personal favourites

SkyTouch (Ghai Towers),

Kream n Krunch,

Balle Balle (Restaurant in Hotel Manor),

Hotel Amarpreet (China Town),

Prozone Mall (Only if you miss going to a mall!)

Anyways, I hope you have the best time and also wish you to enjoy everthing and whatever Aurangabad has to offer. Though small we're still, humbly, one the best cities.

Thank you

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aurangabad trip

Thank you for your valuable guide lines!!!

I will visit with family. Does the taxi service affordable?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,485 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aurangabad trip

Hi !

The taxi from Pune to Pune should not cost more than Rs. 7500 - Rs.8000 and you will be able to manage your time better.

CarLink

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aurangabad trip

day 1- morning arrival, visit Bibi ka maqbara, Aurangabad caves, proceed to Ellora caves, visit Dhaulatabad fort while returning when the weather cools down

day 2- day trip to ajanta, return

Aurangabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aurangabad trip

@BinodDas,

Always a pleasure.

Taxi Services are affordable. There are plenty yet I would suggest to contact the Front Desk of the Hotel in which you want to stay. Or else I have a very reliable Taxi Service Guy: Mr Vishal Aute, Trek Asia Tours and Travels, +91-9890963395. Call this gentleman and ask for anything you need.

+Daulatabad Fort would be quite a visit. and ask the nearby 'Chai-Wala' or 'Peru-Wala' regarding its history. They seem to be more accurate than the Guides themselves (irony intended).

Anyways, again, Have Fun.

Thank you

6. Re: Aurangabad trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:38 am, October 26, 2014
7. Re: Aurangabad trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 21, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Aurangabad