We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Boat

Which Varkala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
House Boat

Does anyone know how I go about booking a house boat for my partner and I in mid October?

england
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: House Boat

number of websites .........search on google

also check www.travelvirus.com

cheers

India
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: House Boat

Hi there are no house boats in varkala but you can get it at back waters........ in kumarkom or alleppey you can check out lakes and lagoons thats a nice house boat.

India
Level Contributor
464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Boat

October is not so busy month for the houseboats, you are better off going to Alleppy and booking direct with Lakes and Lagoons or Rainbow cruises. They have the best boats on the backwaters.

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House Boat

Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll be sure to check out Rainbow Cruises and Lakes and Lagoons once I get to Alleppey.

Thanks again!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House Boat

If you can it's a good idea to compare prices and facilities offered on various houseboats. Also IIRC, these cruises start around mid day and end 24 hours later, so plan on travel time.

singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: House Boat

Hi

there are houseboats in the Varkala-Kappil backwaters form this year onwards....

This is the website to contact : www.seapearlchalets.com

They have 3 houseboats or so...

Cheers!

Cochin
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: House Boat

The Best Houseboat Cruise it will be at Alleppy Backwaters of kerala, it will be around 1 Hr driver from Varkala to Alleppy, You can hire Taxi to reach Alleppy.

kerala
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: House Boat

send a mail to info@alappuzhaonline.com to get some good deals

9. Re: House Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 10, 2009