We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

Dublin, Eire
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

I will be on holiday in Kerala from June 7-23 and while I'm in Varkala I need to have a hospital appointment (a routine appointment but it has to happen at that time, unfortunately). Can anyone tell me where the nearest general hospital is in the area? In Varkala or within a short drive away?

Thanks.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

In trivandrum around 35 km there will be well equipped hospitals

Consult your hotel where you stay they will assist you

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

Snm Hospital in Varkala is nearest one... but not the best.. Trivandrum hospitals are better in terms of Doctors, Service and equipments and Trivandrum is not very far from Varkala..

Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

Hi,Mission Hospital is the nearest hospital in Varkala.In Trivandrum many good hospitals KIMS,Ananthapuri etc.varkala to Trivandrum only one hour and thirty minuites travel by taxi.

Dublin, Eire
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

Thanks everybody! Great to know all those names and that they are close by.

5. Re: Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, July 01, 2013
6. Re: Need to have a medical appt when in Varkala - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Varkala