We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala- Goa Itinerary

Patna, India
Level Contributor
175 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Kerala- Goa Itinerary

Hi, we are a family of four and we have planned a trip beginning 5th March in Kochi and the plan is like this:

5-7th Kochi

7-9th Munnar

9-11 Allepey

11th Allepey to Varkala

13th Varkala to Goa ( by train thru Trivandrum)

4 days in Goa

18th Goa Delhi tickets already booked.

Now all these places we will be traveling by road except Varkala to Goa when we plan to take the Rajdhani express.

My question is, form the research I have done, Varkala is a good destination for one and half days and we would ideally like to leave Varkala for Goa on the 12th March ( Monday ) but there is no night train on that day and I think two and a half days in Varkala might be a bit of an overkill, we would rather spend this day in goa.

We are not very adventurous, nor are we very fond of swimming in beaches, but we like scenic beauty and beautiful beaches..so should we stay in varkala, stay an extra day in Alleppey or go to Kovalam or do what?

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

There is night train on march 12 from trivandrum to goa

Train no-16334 leaving quilon near varkala at 16:20 hrs and reaching goa on next morning

Patna, India
Level Contributor
175 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

yes..but that would spoil the whole of 12th ..

varkala
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

Halo Indian artist ,i suggest you can take an evening train from varkala to ernakulam at 5.45 pm and reach there and take a train from there on 12 th at 11.30 pm to goa and reach goa the next day but it will be a date in train the 13 th or stay in varkala for 12th and proceed on the 13th

Edited: 10:04 am, February 13, 2012
Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

Hello Artist,

this sounds good.

Because of your question one more day in Alleppey or Varkala.

What do you do in Alleppey? Backwaters?

If you have the day for free, I would highly recommend to spent your time in Varkala.

I was in Alleppey and I was in Varkala. This summer I am very happy to go back to Varkala but would never go again to Alleppey...

I wish you and your family a very nice trip

Patna, India
Level Contributor
175 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

hi noerdl, yes i was planning to take the kids and wifey on a backwaters cruise on a houseboat - day trip only-and some canoe ride in the narrow canals, i was thinking of staying at emerald isle heritage bungalows..did you have a bad time at allepey? if yes, why?

About varkala, I have made my mind i will stay there 2 nights at the palm tree heritage, maybe i will make a day trip to kovalam on one of those 2 days..

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

Hello Artist,

last year we wanted to stay in Alleppey as a Base and wanted to visit Munnar, Marari Beach, Houseboat ...

But when we came to Alleppey, we were very disappointed of the city and we do not feel comfortable. We have cancelled all and just went away to Varkala. There at once we felt welcome and we stayed 3 weeks. Just making some Tours in vicinities.

But you maybe will stay at another part of Alleppey and will feel comfortable, also the Backwaters are lovely. You and your family will have a nice time.

Patna, India
Level Contributor
175 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

I have cancelled the allepey part, have decided to visit Kumarakom instead..

8. Re: Kerala- Goa Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:46 am, June 11, 2013