We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yoga holidays

peterborough UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
yoga holidays

i am coming to Varkala in December and am looking for recomendations for yoga holidays/centres with accomodation, if anybody has experience of any paraticularly good or bad places that would be great!

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,857 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yoga holidays

Hi daisyjane. I have no personal experience of yoga centres in Varkala but here is a link to some reviews which may help you.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297639-d198290…

peterborough UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yoga holidays

hi, thanks for that, i'm considering staying there, it has good reviews

Seminyak, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yoga holidays

HI there,

have you tried googling yoga tours or yoga holidays? some good sites are listed.

hope you are having a great time though

Stuttgart, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: yoga holidays

hi, we spend 10 days at sharanagati yogahaus. it was an amazing experience. the teacher hari, is very experienced and had a sensitive hand for individual needs , to show people how to do certain asanas. specially i finally learned the headstand properly , something i could never do before. the garden is beautiful, so is the house, all in all an awesome time we had. vera

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: yoga holidays

hi, i suggest you go to Hotel Green Palace, which is a centrally located hotel at beach with stunning views, where Yo. Haridas, an authentic Indian teacher of Intenational repute teaches yoga for all levels year round....

Zürich, Schweiz
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yoga holidays

Hi, suggest you try the SwaSwara neat Goa. It has all you need, want for a perfect holiday. Yoga for all levels, meditation, cooking classes, an art center for painting, pottery, etc. And to top it all it has the best beach in India, the OM Beach, great for swimming and relaxing away from the crowd. best Airport in this case would be Goa. The transfer from Goa will be included if you find SwaSwara the place you'd like to go.

best regards, Beat

Bremen, Germany
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: yoga holidays

Hey! I have taken yoga classes with Arun Thankaraj in Varkala. I really liked it and can highly recommend him. He works with an Ayurvedic centre, where you also have accomodation. He has a homepage: www.sakthiyoga.com or send him an e-mail directly to arunthankaraj@gmail.com

Al the best and have great time in Varkala - it's beautiful!

8. Re: yoga holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 26, 2012