We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rough Prices for Excursions

West Midlands
Level Contributor
24 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Rough Prices for Excursions

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could help. A friend and myself will be spending a week in Kerala next July. Whilst there we would like to participate in a few excursions but would like to know how much to roughly be paying.

We are interested in the following:

- An overnight stay on the backwaters

- A full day Jungle Safari at Thekkady

- A full day at Kovalam (train or taxi? which is best/cheaper?)

- A full day at the Western Ghats (Munnar)

-If time permits, a full day at Cochin.

We ourselves will be based in Varkala.

Thank you in advance fpr any help/advice.

Sarah

Kolbotn, Norway
Level Contributor
434 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rough Prices for Excursions

i Tartarus-

There is a tourist information office just located 30 meters from the steps of where all the rituals are performed ,This is right on the southern end of Varkala papanasam beach .

The tourist office organised the whole trip taxi pick up etc ,we asked for a 3 hour trip and the name of the young boat owner is mr Vijeesh Vimalan.

We took this trip just 2 weeks ago, on returning to the Varkala Marine Palace hotel we told another couple of our experience .They also went on the same trip and came back with a glowing report. .Just ask the tourist office to book this boat .

12. Re: Rough Prices for Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Varkala