We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Which Varkala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Me and 2 girlfriends are spending 3-5 days in Varkala at the end of Feb. Can anyone recommend any mid range accommodation? Should we book before we go or will we be alright getting something once we're there? I've been looking at the Green Palace and Varkala Marine Palace.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Hi,

Just comeback from Kerala, travelled and then stayed in Kovalam. Do not know Varkala but we didn,t book any accommodation and had no problems.

Have a good time

Chris

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Hi,

I have not stayed at Varkala in February but would imagine there will be availability.

The Green Palace is on the cliff top whilst the Marine Palace is down on the beach. I have not stayed at either. The Marine Palace restaurant is popular and usually busy. The Theeram restaurant to the right of the Marine Palace is very good.

Another couple in this range would be the Deshadan

http://www.deshadan.com/Varkala/index.html

The Preeth

http://www.preethbeachresort.com/

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

You can try out http://www.hotelsanctumspring.com/ and http://www.signatureresidence.in/ as well if you are looking for good hotelsin lower range than Deshadan.

Cochin
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Recommend a rasonably prices with well appointed sea facing rooms:

SB Regency. Mail for details to reservations@hmcindia.in

Cochin
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Recommend a rasonably prices with well appointed sea facing rooms:

SB Regency. Mail for details to reservations@hmcindia.in

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

We stayed at the Karthika Plaza a fantastic place for a stay so clean and the staff cant do enough for you. The manager even runs you about locally inclusive of the price. The breakfasts are plentiful and filling. We have stayed in Kovalam before but prefer Varkarla as there are more places to eat at and things to do. We will be booking this accommodation as a base the next time we visit Kerala. The address www.karthikaplaza.com .

Reading, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Well, I know it's not fair but I have to share my experience there cause many bad things happened to me in this place. First of all, I wait very long time their taxi service and I never had so much fear on the way to go to the hotel cause the driver (who is the boss of shiva garden) drives so fast !

I reserved a room from their website and finally I get something completely different, duty and more expensive. The garden was full of people smoking drugs (amazing for India) and I saw 2 fight between their cook and some young girls working there !

No, really I don't recommend this place to any body. Plus, If you are looking for some peaceful place, don't go there cause it's very noisy. I was searching for some courses of Yoga and the girl friend of this Honor ( mr. Jayan) who propose yoga courses, just start to learn herself, so, she has absolutely no experience.

Finally, I loose my I phone there and I will never know if they stole me or not. But, because I ask around me in different restaurant, I heard that it is not the first time that the local people hear this kind of stories !

So, my advice will be : Don't go in Shiva's garden varkala home stay !!!

Suchita

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Suchita - whereabouts in Reading do you come from? Seems strange that you've not posted before yet have posted 5 negative comments today in broken-English!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

Haven't stayed at Shivas Garden but ate there a few times, very impressed. Also met a few foreign tourists (mainly German) who seemed very happy there. If you want to avoid hotel pickup, many taxi options at airport.

I have stayed at Deshadan, I highly recommend it. Absolutely immaculate, good staff & food. Ste back from cliff but 5 - 10 min. walk to beach anyway.

Varkala, Kerala
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Varkala - where to stay and should we book beforehand?

As you guys seem to be not sure of the exact dates and also not care much of the hotel, I guess you may not reserve in advance. For sure good hotels will be full even for february last week. But young travellers kind of go to get together places which are not much advertised or reserved much in advance. They generally take tenative bookings over phone a few days in advance re-confirmed by following up with a few more subsequent calls. Also it may add on to the excitment for that matter mostly good experiences ..fingers crossed for that special Indian experience.