We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk in accommodation

Which Varkala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
walk in accommodation

Hi all

Is it possible in mid November to just turn up or is it best to book in advance. We would only be staying a maximum of 3 nights and would be looking for budget - mid range in costs

Also if anyone knows a rough cost for a taxi from trivandrum airport to varkala that woud be great.

Thanks in advance

Blue

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: walk in accommodation

Thats about the same time as a taxi!! The longest trip I did was the centre of Trivandrum out to the arport- about 20 minutes - very cheap but 2 of us and rucksacks was a little overcrowded.But then the locals manage to get a big family in one.

Varkala, Kerala
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: walk in accommodation

Auto rikshaws are no good for Highways, not safe as four weelers and am sure will be scary for people from different planet altogether. Rikshaws are good fun & airy, better to travel around the country sides.

Kovalam, India
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: walk in accommodation

Hi

I always used to travel by auto as hated being 'boxed in' and with the heat, even with the windows down.- Which is safer depends on personal choice. Many cars, buses, lorries, 2 wheelers (and auto's I will add) have no working brake lights or indicators. If the indicators do work they don't use them. If they see a gap in the traffic they just 'go for it', even if it means overtaking on a blind bend or a crest of a hill!!!! And then there is night time - very scary...... Atleast you can jump out on auto if you thought you were going to have a accident....

Now I own a jeep and drive the English way. Much safer (and cheaper). Now costs me R75/- for a return drive to Kovalam when it was costing me R350/- return on a good day. Airy, comfy, all lights working, plenty room for all of us, and I love it. Best of all, it's being sponsored so we don't pay for the fuel.

The above is my own opinion and everyone is entitled to thier own.

Regards

Paul

Happy Children's Home - Helper

Varkala
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: walk in accommodation

There would be rooms still available. There are a lot of budget guest houses in Varkala that you can't book online in advance... and they are usually quite comfortable and affordable, Rs 300-600/ day.

15. Re: walk in accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 21, 2010