We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

New Mexico
Level Contributor
67 posts
597 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

Can someone tell me the best way for us to get from Trivandrum to Varanasi? It appears that flying is the most efficient option but the fares and routing are quite complicated. Are there any more direct (and less time-consuming) flights?

Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

I can only find Jet Airways (very good airline BTW), departing Trivandrum at 06.05 AM via Bangalore and Kolkata and arriving in Varanasi at 05.00 PM. Don't forget, you are travelling all over the country. You might reconsider

your route, as you asked earlier about Hampi...

New Mexico
Level Contributor
67 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

Thank you! Yes, we finally found this flight as well and it looks like the best one. There doesn't seem to be any other way to get from the far south to pretty far north quickly, other than flying. I know it is a long trip but we very much want to see this part of India, not just the south.

Trivandrum, Kerala
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

http://erail.in/

train option, search above link

Trivandrum central to varanaci city

Edited: 11:13 pm, December 31, 2013
Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

Neo, I love travelling on Indian trains, but not for 50 hours or more. Once we went from Chennai to Delhi, but this

was a direct train and Rajdhani, but I am not in a hurry to do it again...

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
13,649 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

You can go to Delhi by flight,its generally 5 hrs journey and then you can have train from Delhi to Varanasi or Mughalsarai.

6. Re: Best way to get to Varanasi from Trivandrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Thiruvananthapuram...