We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Gwalior, India
Level Contributor
166 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Hi all

Planning to visit kerala in the month of june 2013.

will come from delhi via train to Eranaculam station

1 day Cochin (attancherry Palace (Dutch Palace), Jewish Synagogue, Kaladi, Fort Kochi, Chinese Fishing Nets, Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple, Paliam Palace)

2 day Thekkady (Periyar National Park,Tribal Heritage Museum , Mangaladevi Temple)

3 day Munnar (verdant tea gardens, churches, tea estates, waterfalls, dams and the Eravikulam National Park)

4 and 5 day Marayoor(Sandalwood forests)

Trivandrum (The Napier Museum ,Hawa Beach, Kovalam, Neyyar Dam & Wildlife Sanctuary Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple, The Kanakakunnu Palace, Lighthouse Beach)

train back to delhi

I dont want to spend much on travelling. i know distance is far from one destination to another.

Can any one tell me is there any private or govt.bus available..

How auto and taxi cost for whole day for local sights in particular city.

Thanks

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Hello

Your plan is too hectic. Also I am not sure why you are spending 2 days at Marayoor, while speeding up in all other places.

I would suggest to drop Trivandrum from the plan. Consider a plan like this:

Day 1: Arrive at Ernakulam / Alleppy - transfer to house boat and enjoy the rest of the day in back waters. This will ensure you get enough time to take rest after the long journey.

Day 2: Ernakulam / Cochin local visit

Day 3: Transfer to Thekkady, spend rest of the day at Thekkady; enroute you can include many sight seeing places.

Day 4: Boating in Thekkady lake and proceed to Munnar; enroute you can include many sight seeing places.

Day 5: Munnar / Marayoor

Day 6: Transfer to Ernakulam station for departure

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

It is difficult to accomodate all your plans if you opt to travel by bus / train. I would recommend to hire a taxi for your whole trip. This will not have big impact in your trip cost, considering the convenience.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
384 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Hire,

Hire a taxi from cochin and driver to Munnar - Thekkady and to Trivandrum

Try to have minimum 2night at Munnar, 1night at Thekkady (opt for 2 night if you like adventurous activities) - Trivandrum 1 night (spend 2 nights if you like to visit Kovalam also)

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

I would recommend to concentrate on Central Kerala rather than going all the way South to Trivandrum. This will consume lot of time on travel and you will get exhausted soon. You may consider Cherai beach if you plan to add a beach destination in your trip, rather than Kovalam or Varkala.

5. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, July 21, 2013
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Of course post #5 is entirely malicious. All of his posts are identical. Two things contravening TA rules.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
52 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Sir, We have visited Thekkedy, Munnar, Kovalam in Kerala. What are the other places worth visiting by road in Kerala. Could anybody suggest a 10 days trip. Thank You.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
972 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Hi Saroj, I would recommend 1 night Kohchi, 2 nights Munnar, 1 night house boat, 2 nights Thekaddy and 2 nights in Kovalam. You can depart from Trivandrum. You can add an extra night in Allepy or Kumarkom. If religious can combine Rameshwaram and Madurai with Kerala.

Kavita

Varkala, India
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

hi saroj , i recommend to travel varkala - a real travel crossection of kerala.if u wanna cut down travel expence . this just suggetion u can chk in google maps and find out . coz varkala has beaches ,backwater with houseboat,estuaries,palaces(painter raja ravi varma) kathakali founder museum (kottarakara thampuran museum), british forts, 2000 tear old temples, seafoods, watersports with in avg 15km radius and nearest tea garden hillstation is just a couple of hrs drive. what else u really need as a traveller in kerala. enjoy without wasting time and money .

Edited: 2:54 am, August 07, 2013
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
52 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Explore Kerala in 6 days.

Hi, Thank you so very much for your kind reply. Could you please suggest a good hotel at Varkala.

Get answers to your questions about Thiruvananthapuram...