We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trivandrum Airport

Which Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Panama
2 posts
Save Topic
Trivandrum Airport

Can someone who is familiarized with air travel in India (Air India in particular) and the Trivandrum Airport help out with some insights?!!

had originally booked an Air India April 3 direct flight from BLR to Male (MLE).

That flight was cancelled (got an e-mail today) and now they have re-routed me in to connecting flight - BLR/Trivandrum/MLE.

There is only a 1 hour connecting time at Trivandrum.

The BLR flight gets to terminal 1 and the flight to MLE leaves from Terminal 2.

Is a 1 hour connection realistic?

Many thanks!

Thiruvananthapuram...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trivandrum Airport

The domestic airport and the international airport are not that far away from each other, 5 minutes by taxi max, So I suppose it is doable, it will just come down to the fact of - how long will it take to get your luggage...???

K.V. Lekshmanan - In Love with Kerala Tours

Panama
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trivandrum Airport

Many thanks KV

I have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Would it not be an option to check my luggage all the way to MLE at the Bangalore airport in order to avoid having to pick up my luggage at Trivandrum?

2. I believe that my flight to MLE leaves from Terminal 2 (and not new Terminal 3). Is Terminal 2 also 5 minutes away from Terminal 1?

3. Finally, after my 4 day side trip in MLE I will be returning to Bangalore to catch my flight home. I assume the 2-month rule will not apply upon re-entry as I will be re-entering only to catch a flight home. Do you have any experience with this?

3. Re: Trivandrum Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Thiruvananthapuram...