We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Kerala

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Kerala

I want to know which are the best places to visit in Kerala for Honeymooners....i am planning to visit the same in month of Jan....

which oneis the best to visit.I am plannig fr 6 nights in kerala...

pls suggest me the best places to visit.

Munnar > Thekkady > Houseboat > Kumarakoam > Cochin

or

Munnar > Kumarakom > Houseboat> Kovalam>trivendrum.

Munnar >Thekkady> Houseboat>Kovalam

. Munnar - Alleppy – Houseboat – Kovalam

Athirapilly vazhachal- Munnar-Thekkady,-Alleppey- Houseboat, Cochin

Athirapilly vazhachal -Munnar- Periyar,Alleppey- Houseboat, Cochin

Athirapilly vazhachal- Munnar- Thekkady- Periyar,-Kumarakam Houseboat-Cochin

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Hi...

Suggest you have a look at a similar thread being discussed parallely. With 6 nights, I feel you are trying to squeeze too much, which is okay in the case of a normal tourist. My suggestion would be to spend 3 nights in Munnar, avoid Thekkady, 2 nights in Kumarakom (with maybe 1 night in Houseboat) and 1 night in Kochi depending on your travel arrangements.Check the below link,

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297631-i5501-k4809…

Regards

Prasanna

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Thanks for yr reply.....

I have scheduled my Arrival in Cochin on 21 Jan 3o clock in Afternoon

So is it worth to stay in cochin or leave for munnar and stay there....

Please help in in planning my trip with the best paces for honeymooners.

I will drop Thekkedy as per your suggestion. Is it possible to visit Kovlam if i plan my return fly out from Trivendrum. or i will drop Kovlam too n come back to cochin n plan my fly out from there only.....

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Hi..

IMPO, it would be cool, slow and relaxed, if you plan Munnar - 3 nights, Kumarakom or Alleppey - 2 nights(one day cruise in a houseboat) and Kochi - 1 night. My concept of a honeymoon is a cool place, quite, calm and peaceful, time not moving, good scenery around, loads of privacy and time for yourself. Hence, travelling more, checking in and checking out frequently will unsettle people.

Would suggest you to do a local sight seeing of Kochi and maybe take a boat and go till the sea mouth etc and do some shopping of dresses etc and move on to Munnar the next day after breakfast. In case you come out of the airport by 3.30 PM, it will be around 7.30 PM when you reach Munnar. If it seems okay for you, then fine. Again, I will not start my holiday by reaching that place in darkness, as it kind of unsettles me, and I might not be able to come to terms with that place at all. These are my personal opinions, and you might pick n choose which suit you.

Again, everything is possible but is it required or what is the priority would be my question. Hence, let me know you ideas, may be I would suggest more.

Regards

Prasanna

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Thanks fr your reply..........

I am also thinking the same as you have suggested to stay in the Kochi 1 night n do the local sight seeing on the same day if possible... then move to munnar next day after breakfast

2 nights munnar 1 night Kumarkom 1 night Houseboat and 1 night Kovalam as i am planing to fly out from trivendrum....

Pls suggest me the places that i can visit in Kochin....

Is it ok if i saty 2 day in Munnar or i will extand my tour for 1 more day n stay 3 days in Munnar.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Hi..

Suggest do atleast 3 nights at one place, as packing/unpacking, checking in/out, will take most of the time. In short stays, the issue is that you need to pack up before even you realise you are there. Keep travel minimal. 1 night Kochin, 3 nights Munnar, 2 nights Kumarakom and 1 night Kovalam should be fine.

Cheers mate.. Have a blast of time..

Regards

Prasanna

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Thank u very much fr al yr advise.................

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Suggest the good hotels for the honeymoon couple in Budget of 2000-2500rs/ night

Cochin- 1 Night

Munnar- 3 Night

Kumarakom- 1 Night

Kovlam- 1 Night

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Hi....

IMPO, you need to up your budget a little as getting exclusive properties at that budget might be difficult. I suggest you have look at the hotels section of TA for all these destinations, where you would be able to find properties as per their TA rating, budget, location, facilities etc. Then you may contact a couple of travel agents, check with some hotel booking sites and the properties concerned directly. This way, you would get a fair idea. I will also check and try posting.

Regards

Prasanna

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

I have looked at the hotels section of TA for all these destinations and searched for the same....... i have read many reviews........ but not able to pick up good one among all these so i am asking yr expert advise in this regard.....

Thank u in advance.......

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Kerala

Hi..

That's great. Now, you would have short listed a few. Post them in this forum for feedback and opinions. I will also check tomorrow. Then, you may be able to decide on the opinions and feedbacks you get here.

Regards

Prasanna

Get answers to your questions about Thiruvananthapuram...