We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trivandrum airport

Which Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Falls...
9 posts
Save Topic
Trivandrum airport

hello

we will fly from TRV to the Maldives in Feb and return through TRV to Mumbai to catch our BA flight - since the tickets are booked separately Maldives around trip - one way to Mumbai - BA to the states - is it a problem to gather our bags go through customs and re-checkin in for Mumbai - we have 5 hour layover - the same in Mumabi - I don't suppose we can check our bags onto BA

thanks

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trivandrum airport

Hi bgwhite,

As these tickets are different PNR, you would have to claim the baggage in each airport and check them in. Through check in of the bags would not be possible until and unless you have a single PNR ticket with just a transfer or if it the same or code share flight. You will have to go through customs and immigration in both the airports. And I also think, your Indian visa stamping should have the number entries allowed.

Regards

Prasanna

London
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trivandrum airport

As I understand it you are doing a side trip to Maldives from a holiday in India. Hopefully you are aware of the two month ruling before re entering India or have obtained permit to re enter within the two months.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trivandrum airport

Yup.. That is what I mentioned as number of entries..

Great Falls...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trivandrum airport

Never though about the visa - can we get a multiple entry visa - we are just taking a short side trip to the Maldives and are re-entering India on order to catch our flight back tot he states

thanks

London
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trivandrum airport

You could find yourself in trouble bg - you are supposed to get a re entry permit. You may get away with supplying your itinerary of flights back to states but I would carefully read about the visa requirements on the relevant web site for USA citizens.

You are supposed to have 2 month gap before re entering India. The first problem will be at check in desk in Maldives on return journey and could be problems boarding your flight back to India.

6. Re: Trivandrum airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Thiruvananthapuram...