We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recomended itinary for 2 nights at thiruvananthapuram

Which Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
recomended itinary for 2 nights at thiruvananthapuram

I & wife planning to arive to t'puram in late November from Kanyakumari. Intend to stay 2 days there and main aim to visit vishnu temple. Would like to see other interesting places as well.

Need someone who is very familiar with T'puram to suggest a good value & clean hotel and the places to visit and how to plan the 2 nights stay there.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recomended itinary for 2 nights at thiruvananthapuram

Hi isssb - I know Trivandrum well. I have been there many times.

Trivandrum has a good range of hotels. What sort of budget are you looking at? I have stayed at the Mascot Hotel at Mascot Junction , MG Road, a few times. http://www.ktdc.com/Mascot.htm

This is not a cheap option but it is a lovely hotel.

A cheaper option would be the Highland Park, Thampanoor. This is off MG Road and around the corner from the Thampanoor Bus Station and Railway Station. It is much smaller than the Mascot but is a good hotel for the money.

http://www.highland-hotels.com/

Both hotels are situated within easy reach of many places of interest in Trivandrum. Taxis and rickshaws are plentiful.

If you want a further selection I will have a look at my notebook for the ones I have looked at but not stayed at.

To save me highlighting places you could visit, if you click on the tours icon on the Mascot Hotel website they have listed a good assortment of places of interest to visit. You will see the selection for Trivandrum. If you need clarification on any of the places let me know.

Connemara Market is worth a visit if you like this sort of thing. It is situated along MG Road past the Secretariat and opposite the university. It is accessed through an arch with the name sign painted in a pink/red colour.

Challai Bazaar is also good. This is opposite East Fort on MG Road.There are a great variety of shops selling all manner of things and there is also an undercover fruit and veg market.

Both are great places for mingling with the locals which I love to do.

Trivandrum can be quite chaotic if you are not used to Indian cities but certainly more manageable than the larger ones. I love it but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

If you need any more information please ask.

2. Re: recomended itinary for 2 nights at thiruvananthapuram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Thiruvananthapuram...