We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

Hi All,

I am planning for a trip to Kerala(Alleppey, Thekkady, Munnar).I have planned to go to Alleppey first via train, then Thekkady by bus and then Munnar again by bus.

I have 2 questions:

1. How to reach from Allepey to Thekkady by bus and what would be the approx fare?

2.How to reach from Thekkady to Munnar by bus and what would be the approx fare?

Also, please provide me suggestion if i have chosen the correct routes.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

There are only few direct buses between Alleppey to Kumali/Periyar.

But frequent buses available between Alleppey and Changanassey. You can get Kumali/Periyar bus from Changanassery private bus stand and few from KSRTC stand. But remember Kottayam have more frequent buses to Kumali/ Periyar.

Bus fare will be around Rs 100/- ,not sure exact fare.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

Few buses are running between Kumali and Munnar, fare may be something around Rs 75/- or so. Ghat road section. Remember all these buses not luxury one. Basic buses are running in high range area.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

Below link may be helpful for you. Bus journey through ghat roads may cause nausea for many people. Cab may be a better option in Kumali- Munnar route.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297636-i10312-k53…

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

Why don’t you think about a service boat journey in Alleppey-Kottayam route, and then catch a bus to Kumali/Periyar ?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

hi,

thanks for your reply.Boat journey is a very good idea. Can you please let me know the details about "service boat journey in Alleppey-Kottayam route"?

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

Below link will lead you to Alleppey- Kottayam boat shedules

swtd.gov.in/index.php…

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know

1.the fare for this service?

2.time taken to reach kottayam from alleppey?

3.bus timings from kottayam to Thekkady?

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

09.35 AM boat from Alleppey will take you to Kodimatha/Manipuzha jetty in Kottayam before lunch time. Take one auto to transport bus stand about a kilometer away from jetty.(or wait there itself for a ordinary KSRTC bus will take you to Transport bus stand, remember not private bus stand). After lunch board a bus to Kumali/Thekkady, Around 5 PM you can reach Kumali. There are buses to Kumali in every 20 minutes or so .

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

I think boat fare is something like Rs 25-30 or so.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Allepey to Thekkady & Thekkady to Munnar

thanks for the reply. Can you pls also guide me about what is the nearest railway station to Munnar from where i can get train for bangalore and how to reach to that particular station from Munnar?