We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Periyar Boats - do you have to?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Periyar Boats - do you have to?

I can pretty much divide the reviews of the park into two: the people who took the boat ride hated it and the people who trekked liked it.

The question is - do you have to take the boat ride to get to the trek starting points?

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Periyar Boats - do you have to?

a few minutes by boatw would take you the location.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,884 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Periyar Boats - do you have to?

I had been in Periyar, I took the launch safari, which was excellent, sighted Elephants, Sambar, Deers, Gaur, Wild boar and different birds. It was October.

Edited: 4:15 am, July 14, 2011
3. Re: Periyar Boats - do you have to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 05, 2012