We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operator for Tiger Trail in Periyar

Which Thekkady hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
berlin
3 posts
Save Topic
Tour Operator for Tiger Trail in Periyar

Warning : Be careful in dealing with a certain tour operator in Thekkady. Sajimon Salim of Mynetcafe www.mynetperiyar.com offers Tiger Trail and other ecotourism programmes. He demands immediate and full payment on booking,promising to send vouchers on receiving the money. Months go by and you get no voucher. If you insist on the voucher, he becomes rude, cancels your booking and you will never see your money again.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operator for Tiger Trail in Periyar

I know a bitter experience with Mr. Sajimon Salim of mynetperiyar.com , Kumily.

Ms. Jennifer Crescenzo (2 pax) from USA had booked their holiday with him. They were taken to his house. They became "friends". The clients had booked a guesthouse in Trichur on 9 / 11 feb 2009. The clients had paid Sajimon Salim in advance. Car was supposed to be on their disposal. They had also paid for the car in advance.

Mr. Sajimon Salim had not paid the hotel. He was delaying it saying some excuses. Actually he said he made the payment to guesthouse account, which proved to be a lie. Then he promised to send the payment with driver. While the clients check in, he promised to send the payment with somebody else. But, no body came with the payment. Even the car and driver disappeared. He asked the guesthouse to collect the payment from the clients. His mobile phones are switched off. At the guesthouse owner with the help of some reputed people in Kumily and police from Kumily station found him and they could collect a part of the payment from him.

The clients were on honeymoon. Husband of Indian origin and wife US nationality on their first visit to India. She told me that she will never come to India again.

I had suggested the clients to complain to police and to write about it on internet. But, I have not seen their complaints anywhere.

berlin
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operator for Tiger Trail in Periyar

Mr Sajimon Salim appears to be a professonal crook. He sent a cheque for the amount I had paid. This was a clever move to avoid my confronting him while in Thekkady. Cheques take 2 weeks to be cashed. When I returned from the trip, the cheque had bounced. I sent him a lawyer's notice. He called the lawyer saying he had sent a demad draft for the sum paid plus Rs. 500 penalty. This was once again a clever move in order to delay any legal action on my part. Meanwhile the date for bringing the matter to court had expired. I live abroad and cannot expect my relatives in India to go through tedious legal procedures on my behalf, specially as this man has no scruples at all and is an expert in decieving clients.

I wish more people who have been deceived by him would publish it on the Internet. That might prevent more tourists becoming his victims.

3. Re: Tour Operator for Tiger Trail in Periyar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 14, 2010