We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

India
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

Hi,

I am confused between CL and KLR to choose as honeymoon destinations for 2 nights and one day houseboat? could anyone help me in deciding?

ALso should i choose munnar or kovalam for neyt stop?? i only have 5 days in hand!!!!!

help appreciated.

thanls

S-S

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

Check this forum for previous posts on this same subject. Kovalam has beaches, Munnar is cool weather, hilly, tea country-you need to decide which you prefer!

Mentioned in this post
Kovalam
Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram District, India
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
India
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

thanks a lot for info. i will check if i can find something. may be as munnar is a bit distance i will check for thekkady??

is thekkady better or munnar?

thanks again

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

Again, it's a matter of choice.

Thekkady is better developed than Munnar from a tourist point of view and it has the Periyar game sanctuary there. They have a boat trip at dawn and dusk of about an hour and you get to see wildlife. Munnar is at a higher altitude( more hilly) and cooler.

Mentioned in this post
Thekkady
Thekkady
Idukki District, India
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

Also from a distance point of view, Thekkady is closer to the backwaters-should be about two hours drive whereas Munnar is closer to four hours by road.

Mentioned in this post
Thekkady
Thekkady
Idukki District, India
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
St Margaret's at...
Level Contributor
40 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

Hi there,

I stayed at Coconut Lagoon (sse my post, I am Conchwillow....) in December. Nothing really to complain about, but it was quite noisy (pool and restaurant areas) due to large numbers of children on school holidays.

If you have a private pool villa it would be fine I am sure, and also I woudl recommned you eat in the seafood restaurant which although more expensive is a bit more exclusive and intimate.

6. Re: Coconut lagoon or Kumarakom Lake resort??? for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 16, 2009