We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kochi to stay or not?

Which Kochi (Cochin) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
224 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
kochi to stay or not?

Hi,

I am planning to visit in the month of dec with my family. Due to my tight schedule I have to skip kochi sightseeing. I will directly go from airport to munnar . Will it worth to skip kochi from my 10 days kerala visit? I will visit trivendrum and kanyakumari for beaches .also how much time require from kochi airport to munnar?

Please suggest me so that I can fix my tour.

Thanks and regards

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kochi to stay or not?

what is your arrival time ? at Cochin

Cochin airport to Munnar is 4 hours

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
224 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kochi to stay or not?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Arrival time at Kochin is 10.30 a.m.

Thanks and regards

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kochi to stay or not?

you could add a day in Cochin according to me , coming towards the end of monsoon, Aathirappallay would be worth a visit , kids would surely enjoy.later proceed to Cochin for a nights stay

visit fortCochin , marine drive and you may stay at Cochin for the day . Next day if you could start earlier you can also visit Kodanad elephant camp( kids would love this ) on your way to Munnar

with 10 days , i think you can def stay at Cochin for a night

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kochi to stay or not?

I wont suggest kodanad .better to visit elephant junction in thekkady.

As suggested above athirapally visit is a worth to visit.also half day fort cochin visit to all heritage sites and chinese fishing nets is also unique.if you are intrested you may do.if you still dont want,skip and proceed directly to munnar.i wont say its a must to visit in kerala.

.there are couple of waterfalls too enroute munnar.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,405 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kochi to stay or not?

I am an ardent lover of Fort Kochi and I would never recommend anyone to skip Fort Kochi.

A mix of old houses built by the Portuguese, Dutch and British in these colonial periods line the streets of Fort Kochi. Kochi is popular for the Chinese fishing nets on the waterfront, believed to have been introduced by Chinese traders in the early 14th century. I enjoy walking through the narrow lanes of Fort Kochi, Jews Street or by the sea side. There are some good hotels where you can sit by the sea side and enjoy a drink and watch the fishermen in boats pass through. This is also one place where you can get the best sea food.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kochi to stay or not?

Kochi is a very nice and very historic place. It is also a very gentle introduction into Kerala and India. Munnar is a must see but one day is enough there, so try to make room for Kochi.

7. Re: kochi to stay or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 19, 2015