We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cochin Airport to Munnar

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cochin Airport to Munnar

I am arriving to Cochin airport at around 2 PM. Next day I have to go to Munnar. Am with Family & 4 year old kid. Need advice on:

1. Where to stay considering next morning I have to move to Munnar ( near Airport is ok or should I go to Fort Kochi).

Suggest some budget hotel ( in Rage 1000-1500) for night stay.

2. What to do in evening. Suggest good places to visit.

3. In Next morning how to catch bus to munnar. Where can I get good luxury buses? Which place/Bus stop I have to visit? Which travel operator buses are good? Do I have to pre-book ticket or can get on the spot easily.

Also suggest how can i travel locally for Pt#2 & 3 above?

4 replies to this topic
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cochin Airport to Munnar

1) If you are arriving at 2 pm, it’s better you proceed to Munnar straight away.

There is nothing much to do near the airport. Even if you plan for Fort Kochi, you will reach there only by 5 pm. So, you don’t get enough time for Fort Kochi also.

3) If you want to go by bus, you will have to reach Aluva from where there are many buses to Munnar. Aluva is about 12 kms from the airport. There are buses at 16.00, 16.30 and 18.45.

Morning, there are buses with a frequency of 30 mts to 1 hr.

For luxury buses, check KYROS CONNECTS

Volvo buses are available from Aluva, but not frequent.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cochin Airport to Munnar

Coming at 2 PM - do not prefer to travel immediately to Munnar as it is 4-5 hours bus journey. Would be hectic for us & kids.

Anyway we reach Cochin by 2 PM. then definitely want to have lunch etc.. So would be free by 3-3:30 only.

Does not feel good idea to go munnar directly on same day.

Please sugfest

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cochin Airport to Munnar

How about staying at Athirapilly and then proceed to Munnar next day morning.

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cochin Airport to Munnar

or check out cherai beach to stay on arrival , it should be 45 minutes by cab from airport

Reply to: Cochin Airport to Munnar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted