We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Reaching Kochi on 26th Dec evening.

Leaving from Trivandrum on 2nd Jan evening.

Travelling by car.

Places:

Kochi

Munnar

Thekkady

Kumarakom

Kovalam via (Varkala)

27th: Enjoy Kochi & Night at Munnar

28th: Munnar

29th: Reach Thekkady by afternoon.

30th: Thekkady

31st: Kumarakom (Houseboat Day Cruise)

01st: Move to Kovalam via Varkala.

02st: Enjoy Kovalam, leave by evening.

Is that itinerary fine?

Can anybody suggest me some better plans? Any other places to visit in place of these?

Suggestions are highly welcomed.

Note: Up and Down tickets are booked.

12 replies to this topic
Kerala, India
Level Contributor
972 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Itinerary is ok

You can add Athirapppally on the way to Munnar.

You can watch the cultural show and art show in Thekkady in Evening.

If you are looking for nice good resorts & houseboat during High peaks season book ASAP .

becoz it is a high peak season most of the good resorts & houseboats are already finished the reservations especially in Hillstations.

Please keep in mind reputed and good houseboat operators *will not be putting there houseboat for sale for only a day cruise between ( 20 dec to 10 jan). Better confirm the bookings before travel during high season time.

Have a GRANDEUR HOLIDAYS in Kerala.

2. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:38 am, November 24, 2017

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Thanks for your valuable input. But I don't wanna cut my time in Munnar. So, I think Athirapally won't be possible. And also I've heard I would be getting many Water Falls on the way.

Regarding the houseboats, I am very much concerned now.

Please help me book houseboats for day cruise now, if possible.

I don't wanna ruin my plan due to this.

Kerala, India
Level Contributor
972 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

In my experience in Tourism industry looking for a day cruise on 31st Dec will be a wrong idea, if you didn'the book your houseboat make sure your booking is confirmed.

As this period is a peak season book your accomodation early. If you cannot find the accoronation you are looking for better to contact the reputed travel agents in Kerala.They will be holding some rooms.

Bethere try to book your accommodation early & even if you are looking to hire car with Driver do it asap.

Have a nice trip in Kerala

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

I was planning to book a hotel in Fort Kochi area.

So, will we be allowed to take a ferry from ERNAKULAM BOAT JETTY to FORT KOCHI FERRY STATION along with our luggage?

*Reaching Ernakulam at around 6:00PM.

If not, then I am planning to take a hotel near the Railway Station only.

And then next day, take ferry to visit Fort Kochi area.

Edited: 9:24 am, November 02, 2017
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Are we allowed to take a ferry from ERNAKULAM BOAT JETTY to FORT KOCHI FERRY STATION along with our luggage?

And till what time we get jetty for the same route?

7. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:38 am, November 24, 2017

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Kothayam is a very interesting place to wander about.

Kovalam beach is just a tourist trap and all the tourists go there because it's one of the rare beaches where women can go swimming in their swimsuits, that is the Lighthouse Beach, the other beach has a mosque on it and just men hanging around, there's is no way you could go swimming there, unless you kept all your clothes on.

Bangalore, India
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

I am looking for similar trip in Dec. I will be driving from Bangalore. I have no idea about hotels. Can please someone suggest?

Thanks,

Ankit

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017

Hi Raunak,

Since you are going to stay in kumarakom( I believe in a resort mostly), I wouldnt recommend a day cruise in a houseboat since they won't traverse through the small canals of the village and will stick to the lake mostly, which gets boring after some time. Couple of hours ride on a country boat or motor boat is more than sufficient. Boat jetty is very close to resorts so you can book them also after reaching there or else you can book a resort first and you may ask them to reserve a boat for you.

Reply to: 7D/7N itinerary for Kerala in December 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted