my partner and I are in desperate need for a trip and are flirting with Kerala. We're never been to Kerala or India, our trips usually go to SEA, but we feel that India might be the better option this time.
The issue is that we have only a bit more that two weeks and we can only go in the second half of september (from approx. 10th onwards actually) and after paying for the flight, we have no more than 900 Euros ( if I'm correct, that's abbout 70.000 Rupees) for the approx. 16 days for everything, including traveling there, accomodation, massages, food..
What's really important to us are the following things:
1. Not absolutely crowded with tourists in dec-jan and over the holidays (I know, though one)
Edit: I should mention that we went to Bali two years ago and while I found Ubud the most agreeable of all the places which we visited, it really wasn't our thing. Way too many tourists and we also didn't like the guru and crystal stuff you find anywhere. Let a thousand flowers bloom, this is not to judge people who do like it. It's just not what we are looking for. I really don't want to offend anyone.
1. Not too touristy, no crowds of families with children, etc.
2. access to a white sand beach with clear, warm waters, swimming and snorkeling possible (for a few days, not the whole trip)
3. suitable for vegans/vetetarians and as animal-cruelty free as possible.
4. we are fans of yoga (beginners, not the really ambitious ones) and massages. We don't need this everyday, but it would be nice every second or third. However, we are not spiritual people and would prefer all of this in a more secular way, if this makes sense.
5. we like temples, monuments, statues and other cultural stuff, but not so much museums.
6. Friendly locals would be great, we try to be friendly people ourselves.
7. We're not into partying at all, we rather like to be on our own, but meeting locals would be nice, too.
Would you say Kerala is a good idea? Or should we go somewhere else?
Thanks so very much in advance for your help!