We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

Merry Xmas!

I will be travelling alone on my own in late Jan, visiting Cochi-Munnar-Alleppey, and Trivandrum in 6 full days.

I tried to sign up some day tour instead of the customised tour because it's a little expensive to hire a car/driver for one person, and I got seriously bored when I did that in the past.

But All, not one, but ALL tour companies (the most recommened ones on TA) ignored my questions on if they have tours for me to sign up as one person, but got back to my the itinerary and wanted to give me a quote for the customised tour for one person.

I am a little apprehensive about not having anything planned when Kerala is not like Bali or puhket where you can just base yourself in one place.. any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

Thank you guys.. your help are making this forum a wonderful place!

I got the idea that Kerala is a safe place so thank you for the assurance. While I'd like to manage my budget and try out public train, I do also want the trip to be comfortable, pleasant, and hopefully some conversations with all sort of people other than the driver and hotel staffs..

My plan is as follows~ It's probably the most ambitious plan so far because i don't usually move every 1 or 2 nights for a week long trip!

Arriving Cochin close to midnight - 1 night (humble homestay)

Munnar - 2 nights (Misty mountain resort)

Alleppey - 2 nights (Vasundhara Sarovar Premiere)

1 night - undecided which place to book (Tekkady - Varkala or Tekkady) for a night?

Leaving Trivandrum on the day close to the mid-night

Kochi_27: thanks for the message. I do get some messages offering some plans, so do appreciate your unbiased feedback! If you have any suggestions or tips please do let me know!

Cheers!

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

your itenary seems to be fine and well doable. have a pleasant time :)

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

Tanya.. you are spot on.. Groping is something that no one likes, and unfortuntaley that happens especially when u travel single.

I would not recomment you t travel small distances in public transport - you will find that really inconvinient, unless u really are adventrous. But when u travel between the cities its better to opt for a public transport ( you get those volvo buses). No one will trouble u in there :)

Cochin(Munnar)
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

Helo tanya,I will be at cochin tomarow and leave tomarow eve or day after tomarow to Munnar,I will stay ther for 2 days to spend timwith freinds and return to alepey-Malappuram.If u need any assistance I will be here pls do a PM to me.Dont worry about safty,No problem to any foriegn travellers at Munnar still this Moment.I found many solo travellers at Munnar and showe the surroundings on my off time.Not necesory any spray in kerla but North india I cant say,Warm welcome to Kerala/ Munnar.Have plesant stay.Cheers.

15. Re: Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, January 08, 2013
16. Re: Tour company for single travller? or ideal ways to travel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 10, 2014