We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week first time trip to Kerala

Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
3 week first time trip to Kerala

I'm planning a 3 week, first time trip, to

Kerala in February 2013. We have been to Goa 5 times and want to try something new. I looking to stay in small, less touristy places for one week at a time- north/middle and south. Does anyone have and good recommendations? Looking forward to your suggestions! Craig

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

Marari Beach is a good choice as it is not touristy, calm and quiet beach. Marari beach is shallow, calm and is ideal for swimming & sunbathing. You can find few accomodation in www.tripadvisor.in/HACSearch…

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

I would be very interested in the reply to your question.

I thought that there would be lots of advice

NY
Level Contributor
186 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

Well, I suppose there are a number of ways to approach this as your question is really broad. Some of the touristy places are touristy for the reason that they are simply beautiful. I highly recommend spending a day or two in Cochin, the old part of the city is really wonderful. Munnar is spectacular and not to be missed. If you wanted to see animals there is Thekkady, but there are also some other animal parks as well as places to see elephants as well. I highly recommend spending some time in Kumarokom in the backwaters. It is really spectacular as well, but there are a number of tourists there too. I would also recommend Ayurveda while you are there--there are a number of resorts for Ayurveda and it is truly an experience.

Cochin
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

Hi,

If you have 3 weeks time, you can really enjoy the nature, tradition, culture, life style of Kerala in pleasant manner. try Delicious sea food, stay in houseboat, wellness Ayurveda, beaching, wildlife, home stay with local family and more,,,,,,,

Regards

Samson

JV Holidays, Cochin, Kerala

Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

Namaste

Many thanks for your advice. Marari is going to be one of my places to stay.

Kind regards from very cold Scotland.

Craig

Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

Thank you for your suggestions which are really appreciated. Kumarakom is going to be added to my trip.

Many thanks

Craig

Kochi (Cochin...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

since you have three weeks time, you can pretty much cover most of beautiful Kerala- the wildlife, serene backwaters, beaches, hill stations, etc..we can provide you with a complete itinerary.

8. Re: 3 week first time trip to Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 17, 2013