I have following plan chalked out for a honeymoon tour to Kerala during end of Dec '08 (total of 7 nights):
1. Cochin - 1 day and 1 night - Fort Kochi, St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Cathedral, Chinese fishing nets, Mattancherry Palace (Dutch Palace), Paradesi Synagogue, sunset cruise around the harbor at dusk, Cherai Beach
4. Kumarakom + Alleppey - 1.5 days and 2 nights - Backwaters (1 night in houseboat), Vembanad Lake Top, Kuttanad - rice paddy heart of backwaters, Alappuzha beach, Pathiramanal - small island in backwaters, Champakulam Church, Q S T and R Block Kayal, Krishnapuram Palace
Please help in resolving my following queries:
1. Is this too much or too less packed together for a 7 nights honeymoon trip? Could this be more relaxed? If yes then which are the places to drop considering that this is supposed to be a honeymoon trip?
2. What is the best order to visit places and also what is the best order to visit tourist sites within a given place?
3. What is the optimum mode of transport from one place to other and for visiting sites at a given place (balance between cost and comfort)?
4. While in Munnar I am planning to spend my 2 nights in "Nature Zone Jungle Camp". Is this good? or should I opt for some other option?
5. Which provider is the best bargain for a 1 night houseboat?
My entry and exit points will be Eranakulam Railway Jn at Cochin.
Thanks in advance.