We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Pune
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Hi,

I have following plan chalked out for a honeymoon tour to Kerala during end of Dec '08 (total of 7 nights):

1. Cochin - 1 day and 1 night - Fort Kochi, St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Cathedral, Chinese fishing nets, Mattancherry Palace (Dutch Palace), Paradesi Synagogue, sunset cruise around the harbor at dusk, Cherai Beach

2. Munnar - 1.5 days and 2 nights - Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty lake (Speed boating), Devikulam (Tree plantations and Sita Devi Lake)

3. Thekkady (Periyar) - 1.5 days and 2 nights - The Periyar Tiger Reserve, Nature Walk, Visit to Gavi through Kerala Forest Development Corporation and Eco Development Committees programs

4. Kumarakom + Alleppey - 1.5 days and 2 nights - Backwaters (1 night in houseboat), Vembanad Lake Top, Kuttanad - rice paddy heart of backwaters, Alappuzha beach, Pathiramanal - small island in backwaters, Champakulam Church, Q S T and R Block Kayal, Krishnapuram Palace

Please help in resolving my following queries:

1. Is this too much or too less packed together for a 7 nights honeymoon trip? Could this be more relaxed? If yes then which are the places to drop considering that this is supposed to be a honeymoon trip?

2. What is the best order to visit places and also what is the best order to visit tourist sites within a given place?

3. What is the optimum mode of transport from one place to other and for visiting sites at a given place (balance between cost and comfort)?

4. While in Munnar I am planning to spend my 2 nights in "Nature Zone Jungle Camp". Is this good? or should I opt for some other option?

5. Which provider is the best bargain for a 1 night houseboat?

My entry and exit points will be Eranakulam Railway Jn at Cochin.

Thanks in advance.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Looks fairly "exhaustive" to me..Sequence appears logical. Travel could be by train from Cochin to Alleppey and by bus/cab for the remaining sectors since there are no railway routes there.

Brighton
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

It really depends on what you are looking for. Personally I would do less and enjoy each place more. Relaxing in one place and getting to know people is all part of the experience - it seems like you are going to jump from one place to the other without having the opportunity to absord its atmosphere. I would spend more time on a house boat and Munnar, get to know the place and appreciate its beauty but hey we are all different... If you do not mind being busy then your itinerary looks good!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
461 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Hi Bharat,

You choose Kerala as a place for your honeymoon is really a very good idea. Wish you all the best for this life time moment.

Since I had been many times in South India with my western groups so my best suggestions are as follows (even I am suggesting you some best level of hotels too):-

Day 1 – Cochin – Malabar house can be a very good option to stay

Day 2 – Munnar – Casa Del Fauno http://www.casadelfauno.in/ It is dream place ( Choose the valley view room.

Day 3 – Munnar

Day 4 – Thekkady - The Elephant Court

Day 5 – Thekkady - The Elephant Court

Day 6 – Komarkom – Hotel Raddison or Komarkom Lake Resort

Day 7 – House Boat – You can have good house boat from rainbow Cruz Company.

Best way to travel is by car.

Wish you all the best.

Raju India.

4. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:34 am, January 09, 2013
Pune
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Thank you all for your inputs!!

Lou Castellou De...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Dear Bharat,

It seems very exhaustive trip for Honeymoon atleast to me, just sharing the thoughts if I was you....

Day 01: Arrive Cochin and drive to Munnar

Day 02: Munnar

Day 03: Munnar

Day 04: Munnar to Kumarakom

Day 05: Kumarakom

Day 06: House Boat

Day 07: House Boat to Cochin

Day 08: Depart Cochin

Since you are traveling in Dec - peak season, I would suggest to avoid the crowded places like Cochin.

Cheers...enjoy your honeymoon & avoid shopping:-)

Lou Castellou De...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

Dear Bharat,

It seems very exhaustive trip for Honeymoon atleast to me, just sharing the thoughts if I was you....

Day 01: Arrive Cochin and drive to Munnar

Day 02: Munnar

Day 03: Munnar

Day 04: Munnar to Kumarakom

Day 05: Kumarakom

Day 06: House Boat

Day 07: House Boat to Cochin

Day 08: Depart Cochin

Since you are traveling in Dec - peak season, I would suggest to avoid the crowded places like Cochin.

Cheers...enjoy your honeymoon & avoid shopping

8. Re: Please help refine my itinerary for Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, October 11, 2009