We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utrecht, The...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

Hello fellow travellers!

I will be in Bangalore in June after a business trip (conference/seminar) in Coorg. After the business obligations, I would like to make a (3 or 4 day) trip/tour close to Bangalore, as that's where I"ll be flying home from. I think we might do some sight seeing Coorg/Mysore during the seminar's spare time, so I"m hoping to see some other stuff after. Does anyone have recommendations? Ooty maybe? As I'm a woman travelling alone, I would like to do an organised tour/trip and not arrange things like transfers etc. myself as that does seem less safe..

Thanks for your ideas!

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

Karnataka Tourism (State Government operated) does some organized tours and Bangalore to Mysore one day (same day return trip) you can check for details at their official website http://www.karnatakaholidays.net/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

Hi,

If you have already seen Mysore and Coorg, 3-4 days might be a bit long for the Bangalore area if you have already seen those two. It is mostly a working city with relatively few sites. Ooty is nice enough but not for so long. Nilgiri hills could also be good but wet as June is right around the (pre) monsoon time.

I would recommend one of these options

1 - nature/tiger spotting in Bandipur/Nagarhole/Kabini, just south of Mysore. Can be combined with a little walking in the hills. Hope that the weather stays dry(ish)

2 - cultural temple tour past Halebid, Belur, Hampi - very impressive world class temples from up to 1000 years ago

3 - overland trip to Kerala via eg Munnar tea country, flying back to Bangalore for your return (very cheap one way tickets are available)

4 - beaches of northern Karnataka, though this might be a bit far.

Safety is not a major issue but having your own car with driver is the most convenient and safe method to travel and will allow you to do/see more. However, this is more expensive and offers less interaction with locals and other travellers. Buses are cheaper but limit options.

Hope this helps.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

Hi,

You can plan up Coorg/Nagarhole/Mysore/Halebeedu/Belur/Shravanabelagola.

Regards

Deepak.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

Places you can visit in 4 days are as below

Bangalore,Mysore,Ooty/Coorg,Belur Sharvanbelagola.

Dont stuff too many things so that it gets too tiring . My suggestion .

5. Re: Tips for organised tours, Bangalore area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 10, 2015